Cloud String Restock!

Cloud Strings are a product born out of necessity, curiosity, and a love for yo-yos! As a competitive yo-yo player Qinton Fox never really found a string that he loved, they all had something he felt could be improved, so he decided to make his own!

Over the last 4 years Quinton put his entrepreneurial spirit to work and set out to make his perfect string. He tested out as many different thread types as he could find but never quite found what he was looking for, until now! Cloud Strings!

http://yoyoexpert.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cloud-string-2.png http://yoyoexpert.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cloud-string-3.png

Cloud Strings are made by hand from a unique nylon thread and designed for fast competitive play. They are on the thinner side, but have a really nice weight which makes them perfect for tricks with multiple wraps and crazy fast whips!

We try a lot of strings here at YoyoExpert, and these strings stood out right out of the package! From the very first throw you’ll notice a fun bounciness that will stay with the string as long as it lasts – Which may be forever as we have yet to fray one even after weeks of play! They have a nice comfortable soft feeling on the hand, even through fast play, and if they get a little dirty from use just wash and they’re good as new!

A single Cloud String may be more expensive than your average string, but you’ll quickly find that one of these will easily outlast a 10 pack of your favorite brand!

Any idea when this will be restocked? :-\

We didn’t expect that last restock to go so fast, this stuff is too good! I’ll try to find out when we can expect some more in stock.

Great, because I have yet to get some myself.

Oh yes…most definitely an awesome product…now if we could just get someone to manufacture it at a reasonable price we’d be set! $4 per string is ridiculous. Even if the price was only cut in half at $2 per string (which is STILL high for 1 yo-yo string) more would be sold and at a faster rate.

Can’t really say it’s ridiculous when 1 cloud string lasts longer than a 10 pack of [insert your favorite string here]. And they’re probably selling faster than any other string we have, so I don’t think selling more at a faster rate is a concern. All a matter of opinion though.

On the topic of restock - They are in production right now so it shouldn’t be too long.

1 Like

Problem with that assumption is- while it IS durable, it doesn’t last 10 times longer than my favorite string. Right now it’s new to everyone…Once enough people have tried this and see how it plays compared to the price point, I feel a decline in sales might be noticed!
I wonder why car manufacturers don’t try to sell their smaller gas sipping cars for ten times the amount of their big block cars considering they go 10 times farther on a gallon of gas? :wink:

Personally, I think the major attraction to cloud string is not so much the durability as it is the performance.

I think it’s a combination, The string plays great, but when it comes to flat out cost i’m looking at how far my dollar goes.

If I buy a 10 pack of kitty string for $3.50 that’s 35 cents a string. Each string lasts a day or two depending on how much I throw until I swap it out. I see nothing wrong with that cost per day.

With cloud string so far I’ve purchased two, they last weeks. In fact the first one I purchased still plays fine, It’s just ever so slightly fuzzy and not as bright. At 4 dollars per string, I see nothing wrong with that either. It all balances out.

Nah…at $4 per string it most certainly doesn’t balance out well with my wallet…hence the reason I’ve only tried 4 of the clouds - but for me it doesn’t out last chaos 422 by very much. To each his own I guess!

I’d like to see you carry Angel Hair string, as well. That’s another super long lasting string. Not to everyone’s taste, but I really like it.

Okay, I’m sold. Restock soon and save some for me. :smiley:

I would definitely second this. I’ve been looking for ages for a suitable replacement for Angel Hair string. In fact, is it even made anymore? I’ve yet to find a U.S. reseller and nowhere that used to sell it seem to have it in stock.

No way those are made anymore, I’d be stunned.

And it’s really weird cause I just found one green angel hair in one of my old skyline boxes I found in my basement like 4 days ago.

Get epic string whippy whips if you guys want something similar!

I’m definitely getting 1 or 2 cloud strings next restock, I waited and that wasn’t smaht.

2 Likes

Just updated my review post with latest pic of my first string (that im STILL using)
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,89306.0.html