C3 Yeah3 responsiveness

I recently got a C3 Yeah3, and its been working fine for the most part, but the string gets stuck in the yoyo sometimes and it snaps up, and sometimes the yoyo snaps up in a split bottom mount, etc. The yoyo is also semi-responsive, but I want it unsresponsive. Any suggestions on how I could get it unresponsive?

DO you know how to clean a bearing? If not just de-shield it and soak it in a glass of mineral spirits ofr 10 minutes.

I don’t have any mineral spirits (that I know of).

Ask your parents, it is just paint thinner

Plus it may just need breaken in. SO play the bearing and wear the respoinse and that should help. To do this all you have to do is use your yoyo. Then it will be unresponsive and just put thin lube in it

Would something like trumpet valve oil work as a thin lube?

I am guessing it would actually work as a thick lube.Making the yoyo even more respo nsive although is it runny like water? Or close to that runny? I play orchestra not band so I don’t know this stuff.

Musical instrument oil works fine. Just use it sparingly like any other lube.

I had a similar problem. I bought a Yeah3, put in a 10ball bearing, played with it for 30 minutes, and the yoyo became responsive. I did a temporary fix by putting back in the stock bearing… but as for utilizing the 10 ball and the Yeah3 together… I’m still looking for a solution to fix that.