C3 Delphinium evaluations

For those who have a C3 Delphinium, what are your thoughts and opinions of it?

I have the Gamma Crash and Cyber Crash (kinda missed out on the Atomic Crash), and I love them both. My gut tells me the Delphinium would be a superb addition to my C3 “Crash” collection, but I’d like to hear from current owners before seriously considering it.

3 Likes

I do not have those 2 crashes…i do have the atomic and hydrogen and the Delphinium.

It’s probably one of my favorite Ti. I have the krown and radius and i think C3 makes some of the best Ti for the money… not much to say. It’s power and balance are off the charts. The Ting is beautiful. DELPHINIUM can almost predict what i want to do (but i feel that way about the Krown as well).

3 Likes

How does the power and stability compare to the ti krown? I found the ti krown to be kind of average.

2 Likes

Ti Krown average? I think you have a very high standard. Krown is insanely good on every level imo compared to what i have.
Which Ti do you think plays above average?

I think the Delphinium is up there with the krown great power and great stability.

@JEA86 i know has all 3 c3 Ti as well. What’s your thought on the Delphinium?

I think for the price you can afford to have a higher standard. Especially when you can get better ti, imo, for cheaper. Looking as BST prices (correct me if I’m wrong on these) the ti krown goes for around $250-350. For around $200 you can get one of the following. All of which I think are better

Metavity, my edc and recommendation for someones first ti
Antithesis
TiShee
Ti dream

On a similar level as the ti krown but cheaper tou can get
Ti sunbird
Ti iceburg
Ti hawk

2 Likes

I have the metavity, dream, ant>thesis, iceberg and hawk. I have to disagree. I think c3 blows them all away. But that just my opinion. Everyone has diffrent tastes and there is no correct choice here. These are all great yoyos.

3 Likes

Agreed they are all great! The ti Krown might have been victim to high expectations. I had heard good things and I love C3 and the shape. It just didnt play as well as I expected it to. I personally can get more performance out of the 4 I mentioned as better but everyone has different options/preferences

1 Like

I’m with you on that one. The Ti Krown is one of the highest performing yoyos I own. It plays fast, so it’s not the right fit if you like a slower playstyle. If you want to rack up as many points as possible in a freestyle consistently, the Ti Krown is hard to beat.

2 Likes

I guess what I’m wondering most is if the Delphinium could be described as a “turbo-charged Cyber Crash”. It looks like it shares the same design language, the same DNA if you will, as the Cyber Crash and its other “Crash” family members, but being made of titanium ostensibly allows for an even more performance-driven weight distribution. If that’s true, then I think I might be very interested in adding the Delphinium to my titanium case.

3 Likes

If had to chose between the Delphinium and the Trion Crash I would chose the Trion Crash every time.

The titanium is good but doesn’t offer a “huge advantage” over the bi-metal/material counterparts in my humble opinion.

On that note, the new overthinker has really grown on me

5 Likes

Well, just to be clear, my interest in the Delphinium derives primarily from the fact that it is a titanium of the “Crash” design family. I wouldn’t look for it to match, much less out-perform, a competition bi-metal. I’d be quite satisfied if it merely out-performed a monometal like the Cyber Crash.

3 Likes

That it does, and it does it well

2 Likes