Burnside - loud?

Personally, I think the 10ball works better dry… I had a similar problem, I wouldn’t call it “loud” but it wasn’t like the others - I freaked, cleaned it good (used the electrical cleaner) and did a drop of thin, and it seemed slow… worked it for a while, but it just wasn’t like it was (although very quiet)… so I cleaned it again, played with it dry… that’s a few months ago and it’s playing the same - fast and quiet… at first I was like “play dry!!! That’s crazy talk” but it’s not…

I have noticed that 10-Balls start out very quiet and then sometime in the first week or so - they start to get louder. That is just the way they are. If you want a whisper-quiet bearing get the General-Yo AIGR. You will never have a problem or any noise. The Terrapins are pretty quiet but they also have their loud spells too.

I agree about the Terrapin X bearing. Sometimes they’ll just be loud but I don’t find performance affected. A few throws later they’ll be fine.

I find with 10-balls, play till they scream, clean, lube, replace the shields and get back to it.

I love a quiet smooth bearing until I get to the end of a spin. I like to know when I’m running out.

It’s less annoying for those I hang around with a nice quiet bearing.

My burnside was the same way. Loud and it sounded like grinding. I put a drop of lube in it and played it for a while to break in now it’s the smoothed throw I have. Once the lube breaks in its smooth sailing from there

This thread has run it’s useful life. For anyone with similar maintenance questions, give the forum a quick search first before posting - you’ll almost always find the answer you need.