Bringing new life to dinged Titanium

So first off, my apologies if this is a duplicate topic. I could’ve sworn there was another thread about how to polish titanium but now I can’t find it for the life of me.

I picked up a pretty beat OD Citizen today and I’m looking for suggestions on how to clean it up some. I’m not looking to make it 100% perfect but the scratches are a little rough to the touch so I’d like to restore the surface somewhat. Anyone have good tips on polishing Ti? Or maybe some alternative treatments such as stonewashing? I’d love to see pics of your restored yo-yos!

3 Likes

Send it to me.

I will clean it up real nice for you.

And I won’t charge you anything.

That is my best suggestion.

Or contact Yoyospirit.

That guy can polish a bucket of mud.

His work is Amazing!

21 Likes

@Tobiyo89 too

1 Like

In case your nervous about sending it to someone, I think a majority of the forum would tell you that @yoyodoc is a trustworthy guy and is a fixture of the community. I would definitely take advantage of his offer in your position

7 Likes

Thanks @yoyodoc, that’s very generous! I’ll pm you shortly

1 Like

Bringing a better life back to dinged titanium>

I don’t try to get every deep scratch out because Jenny Craig techniques are for people.

I just give the yo a new lease on life.

Still not quite sure how people just can’t resist jacking up expensive yoyos on the pavement to see a few sparks?

But then again, being a Welder, I guess ‘sparks’ hold no special excitement for me🙄

The One Drop Citizen is such an amazingly good yo-yo. I actually have #21. Guess I got lucky🤔

14 Likes

Lovely job! Can you provide some insides on how you got this nice result?
I also have a “ugly” Ti but I am in Europa so I would also give this a try myself.
I do not have really deep scratches, just cosmetics more or less. E.g. scratches from my key
THX Ray

1 Like

Wow, beautiful! :heart_eyes:

1 Like