Breaking in bearings ?

Howdy!

I’ve seen people saying they break in their bearings, and I Do know what that means, but…

For example, with a YYF Velocity, how much should I break in the bearing before I should lube it with some thin lube, long enough so it doesn’t literally break but smoothly break in?

Thanks!

There isn’t much of a set time frame. Just play with it for a while and you should notice a change in the play or feel of it, or it gets loud or something changes.

Breaking in the bearing depends on how much you play. You should notice the bearing playing a little louder and spinning faster and longer and being less responsive. THat’s when you lightly lube the bearing until it plays silently(or you can play dry)

Yes, but just so that you know, running dry will make your bearing die almost exponentially faster than lubing. You don’t have to have your yoyo completely unresponsive to do tricks.

I know that, but some people prefer playing dry over playing with lube. I personally always maintain my bearings, but who am I to tell people what to do with their bearings. I was just making suggestions.

1 Like