Better bearing ideas

Try to play nice from now on kids. Don’t make me pull this car over!

But uncle Garrett…

;D

:smiley: :smiley:

I think the regular bearing would be fine for me.

My ideas are just that ideas. i do agree with most of what you said. but im 99% sure that we have different enviromental limitations. such as nobody yoyoing in the same country, nobody i know who can manufacture a regular bearing. much less a highly debated IDEA which has no prior prototyping.
im 17. deal with it.

BTW. the moon IS NOT made of green cheese. its clearly yellow. id bet on brie XD.

i dont know much about real life physics. at school all i have been taught is physics in a completely ideal universe. all the other physics i have learned was from living and observing.

so here it is:

do any of you have a bad bearing? one that screams and vibrates? if you spin the bearing hard with your hand, you will notice that the inner part of the bearing also spins slowly. the part that shouldnt rotate? if that spins then theoretically that energy could be used to spin the smaller bearing inside. as i understand it, the relative speeds between bearing C and Bearing A have decreased thereby decreasing friction. basically they DONT HAVE TO HAVE THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF FRICTION TO SPIN A THE SAME TIME.does this make any sense? i feel like im babbling…

DISCUSS THE OTHER IDEAS TOO DAMMIT.

This is where you’re mistaken, and the rest of your logic falls because of this. The ‘inner part’ of the bearing you’re talking about is the bearing cage that is holding the balls. Since the balls rolls around between the inner and outer race, if you hold the inner race and spin the outer race it will seem like it’s moving half the speed; because these balls are rolling.
You can do a simple test by putting a thick book on a few marbles and slide it around, you will see that the marbles will move half the speed of the book. Why does it do that? because it’s the least amount of friction possible. There will be more friction if the marbles go at the same speed with the book, or if they don’t move at all.

Now if you stack two different size of bearings, the only bearing that will spin is the one with the least friction, there is nothing that will cause the other bearing to spin, because it has more friction even just a little. Except when the spinning bearing fails or suddenly had too much friction, which then spin the other bearing and stop the currently spinning one.
Here is an analogy, breathe from both your nose and your mouth at the same time, can you do it? hold your fingers in front of your nose and mouth to test it.

The answer is, if it’s easier for the air to go through your nose, then it will go from there, there is no reason to go through the mouth. If it’s easier for the air to go through your mouth, then it will go from there too.
You can’t breathe from both at the same time unless, 1. If the ‘friction’ is exactly the same between your mouth and nose (both bearing can spin), or 2. If you breathe hard enough that one hole had too much amount of air going in a short amount of time that the friction increased, the air is forced to go from the other hole (the spinning bearing can’t handle the very high rpm causing the other bearing to spin, but this will only happen in very high rpm that will never happen in yoyos).

It’s not like I ‘want’ you to be wrong, I’m just trying to help by pointing out the correct logic of it.
I have no bearing ideas, the current ones are more than good enough for anything.

1 Like

this was by far the most understandable explanation by far. i gave you a thank you in fact XD.

but in my head it doesnt work that way. i also thought up a more easier way to manufacture this although everyone has the opinion that im dumb XD.

wouldnt it increase overall stability and lifetime? as the better one gets grinded, the worse one starts spinning. they would hand over the job till they both died.

btw if you cant tell, im grasping at straws. plz somebody be on my side or discuss another idea…

Well it’s almost like you asked for it lol. Anyway, it will be useful in case if one bearing fails mid play, can’t think of any other benefit from that.

In the meantime, my thank you number was 222 before you gave me one… now I had to wait until 333 and I don’t even like 3.
sigh.