Best budget metal yoyo

I disagree on that one. I usually like my yoyos as mint as possible. That might change in the future.

4 Likes

No worries, to each their own. I have alot of mint yoyos. I tend to get a second not quite perfect one for the ones I really want to play with.

4 Likes

Anything topyo bruv

3 Likes

Best lolo right there

2 Likes

I do like the TopYos as well especially for the price. I have an Origin, Silenus, and a Selene. Three different shapes and all very good.

4 Likes

Right now the monometal that gets most play in my collection is my Shutter WA. I really like it. I also think Iā€™m lucky cause Iā€™ve dinged it 7-8 times and itā€™s about 9-9.5 smooth on the rims( on the catchzone 0 fingernail vibe)

3 Likes

Not a budget yoyo, but for some reason my To-Vayder loves to sing~~šŸŽ¶

Itā€™s like it meditates everytime it comes off the string. Hummmmmmmmmmm hummmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Yeah titaniums are a little different. But even then itā€™s not necessarily ā€œnoisy.ā€

Edit:

Also glad you like your Vayder. I was on the Vs Newton team back in the day.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s noisy, itā€™s actually really fun.
I spent an hour yesterday purely focused on intentionally make it keep singing :slight_smile:

Thanks dude, I did read up to see what happened and itā€™s a shame but everyone makes bad choices in life sometimes. Some more public then others. Some more unethical or frowned upon (little understatement I know) then others.
But I truly believe everyone deserves a shot at redemption.

Ti-Vayder rocks. Iā€™m really glad that it was remade and I had an opportunity to partake in trying it out.

3 Likes

My vote is the Magicyoyo node.

Pros: very stable, rounded edges so it feels good in the hand, very smooth, handles speed pretty well, beautiful anno(glossy on the outside and blasted in the middle), great grinds, centering bearing.

Cons: lacks a little bit of power, response a little bit slippy, not the best for fingerspins due to the step down near the axle nub.

These are all my opinions though. Ultimately I think that it is one of the best Yoyos at its price point, especially for a metal. Iā€™ve had it for a few weeks now and havenā€™t really felt the urge to play anything else.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that is not uncommon with MagicYoyo throws. I figure a thicker string and maybe softer response pads would fix that.

5 Likes

Yeah it doesnā€™t really bother me, itā€™s just noticeable. Iā€™ll just silicone it once Iā€™ve worn out the pads.

3 Likes

The node is a warrior. My was my first unresponsive yoyo and it has seen some serious road rashes while learning. Still my one of my faves- I got a 2nd thatā€™s clean.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s so good! I canā€™t hardly believe thereā€™s such a well performing high quality metal yo-yo for so cheap! Itā€™s crazy!

4 Likes

Is the origin any good? I chose a bastet over it.

2 Likes

The Origin is very good. It is a fairly high walled organic old school shape. For price you canā€™t beat it. I prefer the Markmont Classic and Parlay over it as well as the Mowl Obsession. But again for the price itā€™s hard to beat and I donā€™t know of how many are out there like it.

4 Likes

Truth be told, Iā€™d really like someone to buy that Meta so Iā€™m no longer tempted to buy it for myself!
But for something new, the MYY V4 is also a solid budget choice, if for some reason the OP isnā€™t into the Node or the N12.

4 Likes

Duncan barracuda is my vote. Awesome for 1a/3a and they have been really cheap due to some nice sales.

3 Likes

There are so many good throws in the sub $50 range. To add even more to the mixā€¦

I really enjoy the TopYo Impulse 2 and Impulse S. Probably my favorites of the TopYos I own.

The Vosun Vanquish and EZSpin are both excellent as well. The Vanquish made quite a splash as a budget metal before the Node came about but I guess it didnā€™t quite have the same legs. The EZSpin was a tweak to the Vanquish design that kinda flew under the radar (canā€™t blame people staying away with that name tho). I personally slightly prefer EZSpin but both are great $30-$40 jos if you can find them.

2 Likes

Topyo and Vosun both make some excellent throws. How does the Impulse S play?

3 Likes