Best 4A recommendations?

I’m in the market for a new 4A throw, especially something with a strong spin time to help me learn longer combos.

Any recommendations?

Currently own a Supercell, Anarchy, and Flight.

1 Like

YoyoEmpire has the SkyLord which has metal inlays which give good power.
My fav last 6 month is the Unlimited by iYoyo. Very nice 4A because of the finger spin dimple and the pixel bearing which has a fantastic spin time, super wide also easy to catch and stable.

3 Likes

Another thing that buys you spin time if you use Slackies (String). They are thin but very whippy for being thin. That is an interesting string for 4A. May also helpful with your sting tension issue we talked about.

2 Likes

Sky Lord seems like a good pickup, especially for that price. I haven’t seen that before, but I’m almost interested in getting one for myself now.

If spin time is really what you want, a hybrid would be a good option. The C3 Flawless is stupidly popular for a reason, and Flawless Air seems like a nice upgrade. Although the price of the Sky Lord is infinitely more appealing though.

There’s also the new YYR Arazu, but it’s still new so I haven’t really seen many people playing with them. But the people with them seem to love them.

Thinner strings/harder response pads/cleaner play are still universal for getting more spin time though.

3 Likes

I would definitely recommend the Yotricks Spire! it’s one of the best budget offstring throws out there and it doesn’t skip out on performance whatsoever.

The spire is a fantastic offstring throw at a very affordable price! The spire is a collab between yotricks and iyoyo but it’s Mostly based off of the iyoyo icebreaker. It’s machined plastic which makes it a very smooth yoyo, both to the touch and in play.

It has an excellent amount of width which makes it a little easier to land whips and slacks. And it has a very powerful spin which you said you preferred, but I would say that the weight is widely distributed throughout the entire body of the yo-yo rather than on one area like the rims. It feels very floaty as well so it’s a floaty yet powerful yoyo at the same time. It even has a nice fingerspin area too!

Overall I think you should totally check it out! Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions :grin:

2 Likes

I would second the recommendation for the Unlimited by iYoYo, you really just can’t go wrong buying a 4A yoyo from iYoYo.

If money is no object and you really want all the performance you can get, then you should get a Jet Set EX.

1 Like

did anyone here tried the no scope? I only heard a few feedbacks from japanese players via twitter but not much on the full yoyo review.

1 Like

I can pick up a Anotogaster in the UK, thoughts on how good it is versus the other recommendations?

If spin time is still what you value the most, then a Flawless/Flawless Air/Arazu/Sky Lord or other hybrid will be better.

1 Like

Thanks! Def will have to invest in one then (shame 4A throws like that hard to pick up in the UK).