Bearings bearings bearings

znin: I had a Token, too. I will relent on this one. That Token was really tough to deal with. I don’t think the aluminum was even 6061… it was some sort of soft stuff, and it really WAS tough to deal with that short axle.

But still, I never stripped mine. :wink: And most people complaining don’t have a Token or I would have taken note and told them to be extra careful with that one!

1 Like

My Token is still in fine shape although we have had a few returned with stripped axles. I’m usually able to fix the majority of them with a larger axle - YoYoJam Axle 5/6 or CLYW Long Axle will work perfectly when cut down to size.

I might have to try buying a spare CLYW axle and cutting it down, sounds like that would work.

About bearings, I pretty much just leave therm alone. Heck, to be honest, I don’t really even part attention to what bearings in my yoyo (unless its a kk or something like that) when my bearings do get noisy though, I put a small drop off yyj thin lube.

My brother’s had a supernova for over two years. He unscrews it really often to untie knots, never had a problem with striping the yoyo

So the 2 camps say: Yes, I clean often. No, I never mess with the bearing at all. *As the world turns.

Nah. The “cleaning” camp only seems that way when you see too many of those posts in a week. What we REALLY say is “We clean bearings as needed.”

I’m thrilled when I can go weeks or even months without cleaning.

1 Like

Thats true too, I don’t like to clean it more than I have to because doing it the right way is a lot of work.