Bearing Seat Solidworks file?

Does anybody have an EDITABLE solidworks File of a Size C Bearing seat? I’m currently toying around w/ it.

sorry, im doing all delrin designs, so Im a spacer/SPR man.

Yeah, I’m able to do everything except that.

I guess all I really need are dimensions, and I can try and form one.

Sigh… I don’t like doing this :confused: Bearing seats are a pain.

I don’t know squat worth CAD design, but a C bearing’s dimensions are:

.250 in x .500 in x .187 in 

(Inside, outside, width)

I would do it like this:

_

| | | |
|| ||

the diameter of the outermost extruding cut should be .508. I know that for a fact.

Thats about it though :stuck_out_tongue:

Woah, i thought that said edible file.

This thread makes more sense now.

DG, give me till around 1pm EST tomorrow, I will take my Campfire to wrok and write down all of the specs on the bearing seat, I left my calipers at work so, when I go in tomorrow I will figure all of that out for you, though I think that titanium22 is about right, the ID of the biggest part of the bearing seat should be about .008 over the bearing’s OD, especially if you are going to get them annoed, which I have no idea how much that is going to make your dimensions fluctuate. Also, if you think that 8 thou’ over is too much, let me put something into perspective. 0.002 is how thick a human hair is, so get 4 peices of hair and put them together, two human hair’s worth of wiggle room on each side of the bearing should be sufficient for a nice bearing seat. Just my 2 cents, and I promise I will get back to you on the dimensions of the Campfire’s bearing seat.

Well, I’ve got the basic Idea, It’s just that I’m new w/ Solidworks, and it’s causing me problems xD

Scratch all of this. All I need now is to find out how to add a threaded hole :slight_smile:

It’s called Hole wizard, learn it love it. When making your yoyos draw them as a profile then revolve them. That way it’s easy to mod the profile later. Anodizing will add about .0002 per surface build up. Only concern about tolerances is going to be if you hardcoat them which in that case is .001 penetration .001 build up.

PM me DG if you have any Q’s about solidworks or machining these. This is what I do for a living…