August 23rd, Edgeless release date

How much are them?

I will most likely get one to go along with my AL Bowl. But only if I can get the solid aqua one…

Super excited for this one!

1 Like

Coming from @yoyodoc and @AndreBoulay , I believe this is going to be a good throw alright. Now I’m curious about that ‘ping’ that you hear every time you bind it. Its good timing since I’ve been looking for a metal yoyo with good finger spin capability; I’ve been eyeing the Yoyorec Almighty, but looks like i’ll shift towards the Edgeless. Plus its good to know its been designed by one of the best players who has also given so much to the community.

2 Likes

It sounds a tiny bit like a titanium, but a lot softer and a lower pitch. Not a high ring but a low hum. Thats the best I can explain it.

1 Like

Here was another post talking about it:

3 Likes

I’m hoping it has some of the feel of the old SPYY Pure. From the construction it seems like it might!

The best I can relate it to feel wise is a modern sized 5 star

3 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett will this drop here at YYE on Friday? Any info on colorway and price? This is definitely gonna be my next YYE purchase!

3 Likes

August 23 2013 is the day I quit smoking cigarettes. I guess I should get this yoyo to celebrate :grinning:

7 Likes

Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

3 Colorways: purple caps/silver body… black caps/red body… aqua caps/aqua body

10 Likes

Thanks for the info. The silver body looks awesome. Any ideas on pricing?
This and the upcoming Edge Infinity/Ultimate will complete my purchase plan for the year.

3 Likes

They were 60 at worlds.

6 Likes

Does YYF do special “contest pricing”? If so, then the Edgeless may end up costing more on the 23rd, yes?

3 Likes

Been doing some digging today and I found $59.99 listed.

6 Likes

Nice. I also did some digging, and looks like it will be $60 ($59.99 to be exact). I think that is a great deal.

3 Likes

Yep, Friday release. I’m not in the office most of this week, but @AndreBoulay should be able to help with color/price info.

3 Likes

Yes - $59.99 for EDGELESS!

I’m also coordinating a LIVE Instagram Chat with Evan Nagao to talk about the yoyo and his retirement from competition! If you have any good questions you would like me to ask him let me know! :blush:

It would not be a World YoYo Contest without an Evan Nagao release! In between practicing for the defense of his World title, releasing his first song and playing his first live gig Evan Nagao has been busy with media, throwing out the opening pitch of a baseball game and even designing his own new signature yoyo! The good times natural feel and vibe of this project made it a natural fit for BASECAMP to launch it.

Edgeless has an ANTI modern competition yo-yo feel to it while still delivering amazing performance. Its ‘touch appeal’ is massive, you dont want to put it down. Its hollow construction builds on the SHERPA yo-yo of 2016 but delivering more modern 2019 performance. A looker, player and keeper.

12 Likes

I plan to get an aqua Edgeless, but I confess I don’t quite understand what the above statement actually means. It has an “anti-competition” design (translation: it’s an organic) but still delivers “amazing performance”? Since I equate the pursuit of performance (in a design) with the goal of being competition-worthy, I find this bit of ad copy a little confusing.

What is this apparent contradiction actually trying to say?

1 Like