ATMOS is selling lunar Gravity from RSO for 400$, use code for free shipping :p

Imo this is a step in the right direction. People complain about the trick meta when the real problem is uncreative choreography due to played out annoying music selection.

2 Likes

Nobody makes freestyles to House anymore since Luis Enrique stepped out the competitive scene and that makes me sad. 120 - 130 bpm is a fun tempo to yoyo to.

3 Likes

This was mostly a tongue in cheek reply on my part to get people to bite on the topic edit I made, but I really do find it incredibly annoying and played out. It definitely gives anything less than an amazing freestyle more of a generic feeling. If you want to stand out construct a routine around more unique music.

5 Likes

I’d say I agree with that. I think that is a reflection of two things:

1. The younger demographic attending to contests usually use any style of EDM for their routines, making this type of music appear over and over on yoyo contests, annoying the heck out of people who don’t like this style of music. People get really defensive about their music taste man let me tell ya.

2. From a more strategic standpoint, music like dubstep has a very heavy enphasis on cues that hit every quarter or eight note, at very friendly tempos for choreography, which makes it quite an intelligent choice of music for yoyo freestyles, since players can adjust their element-heavy combos to sync and match with the cues of said song. Players like Polo and Chandler are very known for using this exact same technique when competing.

Examples on how this style of music works well on comps:

So, is it boring and generic? Yeah, it is. I guess when, as a competitor, your trickset is built to work with this type of music, changing it for a more “original” or “unique” type of music can ruin your chances to do well on a contest.

I just wish more people yoyoed to metal tbh lol.

5 Likes

I understand why people use it and it’s part of the reason I have an issue with it. Intelligent choice? Sure. But its also an easy choice that doesn’t require a lot of effort to choreograph to.

3 Likes

i thought i was the only person on here that liked house music… that’s probably half of my (~1200 piece) record collection…

also, the edited title drew me in for it’s sheer hilarity… get yo moves on 'dre!

6 Likes

Haha I’ve been waiting to get title editing abilities just for this thread haha couldn’t resist

6 Likes

Thats one really old yoyo

1 Like

I genuinely like IDM and EDM just for listening, and my tastes have been growing less and less mainstream as time goes on. I’ve been listening to it since my dad introduced me to trance and house around 2010 or so, and I will say that the generic “lite-step” that seems to be permeating a lot of freestyles and background music for yoyo channels is boring and kinda annoys me sometimes. Same with super common pop songs. But Evan throwing to “freebird” has to give non bass-heads a little hope, right?

4 Likes

ok that got me

3 Likes

You should see this thing in the bi metal shutter

3 Likes

I just got to trust level 3 feels really good that I can now have fun with this thread

4 Likes

Welcome to the club :wink::joy:

2 Likes

This got me bad.

7 Likes

Guys…calm down.
I think he just left to go walk the dog!
He’ll be back!!

9 Likes

Gentry left since he discovered he has a passion for music, and will be joining Evan Nagao to form a band. It will be called “YoyoRythmics”

8 Likes

lol :rofl:

2 Likes

I hate you guise! Always “getting” me… Lol, that was a good one.

4 Likes

Make sure you follow the “Basecamp” Safety Handbook and Brochure

3 Likes

im looking forward to this :joy:

3 Likes