Are you looking foward to World yoyo contest 2013?

There are lots of opportunities to buy new at Worlds. Sponsoring companies usually set up vendor tables and are selling the whole time, and there is generally a pretty wide selection available. As for used, even without anything formal, a lot of people who go are looking to buy/sell/trade, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find someone who wants to deal.

Nah.

I got my experience of Worlds back in 2011 and while it was one of my best yoyo experiences, it doesnt match the hype I always hear. One good experience is good enough.

I hope others have a lot of fun though.

Would it be good for a beginner to go? Would I have places to learn? I’d love to go see the contest as well but I’d like to be able to learn some to as to not feel discouraged. You know what I mean? I’m definitely looking to buy something better than my velocity as well so if companies are selling New then that’d be awesome. The yoyo scene pretty much doesn’t exist here in Louisiana.

If you’re a beginner, I wouldn’t pay a lot to travel to any event. However, at the same time, nearly anyone who CAN teach you something will likely do so. It’s not an ideal environment due to crowds, but people can, will and do try. Plus, the environment itself will make you want to try harder.

In my line of work, I’ve found it best to place no faith in anyone or anything. It helps keep the expectation levels under control.

At contests, people will go up to each other and ask if you have anything you want to sell or trade or if you want to try anything.

BST is alive and well at contests.

Of course, the vendor booths nearly all have items for sale. In California, at concerts, the merch rule is usually a percentage goes to the promoter(I’ve seen up to 20%, which makes vendors say “hard language” and close up, but 5% is more common), but I don’t know how they do things in Florida.

My wife and I were planning to go on vacation near there anyway. Our plan is to go to Orlando for the contest then drive up to visit my sister I’m Nashville then home. 12 hours to Orlando, 10 to Nashville, then 10 home lol. She’s totally down for it. I just gotta save money mostly for hotels. Should I go all three days or just 1 or 2? What happens on each day?

You can watch via livestream :).

Day 1 is prelims and 2 is finals. I think, not sure what day 3 is.

Day 1 is usually prelims. Day 2 is usually more prelims in the late morning/afternoon, and finals in the evening. Day 3 is usually the remaining finals in the evening. I think it is usually 2A, 3A, and 4A finals on Day 2 and then 1A and 5A finals on Day 3, but I’m not certain they don’t change the non-1A schedule (I’m pretty sure 1A will be the final day since they use two rounds of prelims for 1A). Here’s the stage schedule from last year: http://www.worldyoyocontest.com/2012worlds/?q=content/schedule

The year I went there were also various workshops or small events scheduled throughout each day in side rooms. They had a program printed at the event with the full schedule. There’s also a lot of just hanging out and meeting new people, so if that sounds enjoyable, it’s good to have the full three days for extra down time.

Some of my family live in Nashville lol

Hey guys, sorry for 2 things:
1 necroing this thread
2. Being a noob. If it is no problem, could someone tell me when and where (in Orlando) worlds is happening?
Thanks!

August 8, 9 & 10 at the Rosen Plaza Hotel.