Are the GWAY Conduit Bearings good?

Hi, somehow “yo-yo” was an available name

for some reason all my bearings started spinning very slowly or very loudly or responsively no matter how much clean them or lube them or not lube them or play with them, and I’ve kind of given up, so I’m looking for new bearings, specifically ones that are cheaper.

I did find the GWAY Conduit bearings that are $10 for 2 of them which seems pretty, but I haven’t really seen too many reviews on it, so I’m hopping someone who has one could tell me how they are, or recommend other budget bearings

3 Likes

Hollywood Modern Yoyos sells good bearings starting at 5/$25, they’ve been serving me well.

2 Likes

Yeah my centertrac did spin really well before I lost it, so I might get those

1 Like

They are extremely good. They spin well, have enough power. No maintenance required, you can just to blow it out with compressed air and keep playing. I have a lot of them on my yo-yos and really enjoy it.

3 Likes

2 for $10 is their hybrid bearing, they also have 4 for $10 for normal CT style bearings

I imagine they are the same exact CT bearings that come with YYF and other yoyos and sell for up to $10 each at other stores. You can also get bulk bearings in a variety of styles for less than $1 each on non yoyo sites provided you get at least 10-20 at a time. You may get a bad one in the batch but the price is unbeatable and the performance is great.

That said, your bearings shouldn’t randomly be acting up. After a correct cleaning, they should be able to run dry or lightly lubed for months of moderate play without issue before they need to be cleaned again. Unless you’re walking the dog at the beach or in a sandstorm or something.

2 Likes

My bearings tend to lock up a lot because I live in a house with cats and the humidity tends to be kinda high. I have a lot better luck running them dry. Any lube at all and they’re responsive within a day or two usually. Dry lasts for a few months. I have a couple yyr ds bearings that almost never lock up but they’re relatively expensive.

2 Likes

So quick update, I did manage to finally get one of my bearings spinning decently again, so I’m probably not going to get a new bearing

5 Likes

Acetone or even paper cleaning method will keep them spinning almost indefinitely in my experience.

2 Likes

Hijacking to ask if anyone has a good source of concave A sized bearings? I personally don’t like CT as much.

DMed because I can’t link

1 Like