Anyone tried the Duncan Big Fun yet?

Anyone given the Duncan Big Fun some throwing time yet? Is it truly BIGFUN™? Big unfun? Worth the $18?

I admit, I’m tempted. And I’m not usually a Duncan plastic fan.

2 Likes

@TheYoyoer27

1 Like

Yes, I have one. It’s very solid, but it is no Yoyoempire Big Bang, unfortunately. It is not a definitive statement on oversized plastic.

1 Like

Its a lot of fun. I would not recommend it if you have tiny hands, because it’s diameter is HUGE. But other than that, get it!

Big Fun is easily worth $18 though, very solidly made, enjoyable to throw, and fun colorways. I got the fake Baskin Robbins the Remy joke one :laughing:.

I’m just addicted to the Big Bang which is basically the ultimate large plastic yoyo :wink:

i tried one at NJ states honestly there a mixed bag, some are smooth while others have a crazy pulsating vibe even after you tune the yoyo. Although from what I did try from it, it is fun and it is big it could be a small 4a yoyo.

1 Like

It does not fit a slim bearing, I tried :frowning:

1 Like

I have one and I like it quite a bit - it’s easily finger-spinnable, and the large diameter gives it just enough oomph. Yet, it still looks like a toy, rather than a part from a spaceship.

1 Like

One really cool-looking thing about BigFun and Freehand is these two yoyos seem to be made specially tuneable. There’s two parts to it in a Duncan video.

I think the main, unique way it works is when you get it screwed together, unlike most yoyos, you can just keep screwing the halves clockwise and it won’t over-tighten or strip. You keep trying it twisted a bit until it spins smoothest. Dylan Kowalski got one smooth and one with a vibe and this guy got with him and let him know about this, and Dylan tuned out the vibe and passed on the video.
4 Likes

Yeah, with the new axle system the Big Fun is pretty tunable for vibe. And as always - If you ever get a yo-yo from us that has bad vibe or you can’t tune, please feel free to contact us and we’ll take care of it.

That said - I enjoy the Big Fun, it might not be something I reach for to throw every day, but it’s a really fun oversized plastic just like the name implies.

3 Likes