Any Fallout fans out there?

Finishing up Fallout New Vegas in my playthrough of all the Fallouts. I gotta say after Fallout 2, none of the other games can really stand up to the story writing that 2 provides.

I just was wondering who else here played Fallout. Hope everyone’s having a good day.

1 Like

I haven’t really played Fallout, but I did get hours of enjoyment out of following the Fallout 76 disaster on Youtube when that was going down.

I do enjoy story-driven games so if I ever get enough downtime to start playing again I think I’d like Fallout.

Ivan

1 Like

Start with the old ones. Storytelling is off the charts good in those.

2 Likes

I’ve played all of them, except Fallout 76. I’ve spent the most time in Fallout 4. Played through with a couple different characters, then tried my hand at Survival mode and got burned out around lvl 30.

1 Like

I need to go back to the old ones. I haven’t played them since I was younger and I don’t think I ever got through them.

1 Like

Would you recommend I start at the very beginning, or should I skip some of them to hit the best stuff? Is there a strong storyline between games like the Mass Effect trilogy or can I jump in at say Fallout 2 without being lost?

Ivan

1 Like

It makes the most sense if you play it in the order of Fallout 1, 2, then New Vegas, and then 3 then 4. 1, 2, and NV focus on the same general storyline and have recurring characters and factions. 3 and 4 are linked to each other.

1 Like

Got it, I’m going to add them to my Steam wish list and grab 'em when they go on a good sale, hopefully I’ll get time to play them at some point!
Thanks for the pointers!

Ivan

1 Like

Have fun! Be aware that Fallout 1 and 2 are VERY different from modern games in how they play. They’re a turn-based isometric RPG instead of an FPS. So expect more of almost like a Dungeons and Dragons experience, but like post-apocalyptic.