W2CVB here. General Class license.

4 Likes

have no idea wat any of this means

1 Like

http://www.arrl.org/what-is-ham-radio

2 Likes

man be cool if i could hook one up and talk to my friends lol

1 Like

It is a totally awesome hobby. 1000 and 1 ways to talk to people across the county, the world. Radio to radio no internet, cell towers or computers involved.

3 Likes

I would like to get into ham radio. I have to program the radios that the field staff uses for the company I work for so I have a little knowledge on it.

1 Like

You need to be licensed. I have a friend with a license and a nice set up. Pretty cool.

2 Likes

Anyone interested needs to pass a Federal Commission Commission exam. Go to ARRL website and learn about licensing. And find a local amatuture radio club.
I

1 Like

Looking to take my technician and general next Saturday. I was looking to have it done a while ago, but the virus happened. On the bright side it gave me time to study for both exams. been listening for a long time now. Mobile Westminster, CO

1 Like

Good luck with the test. It sounds like an awesome thing to get involved in. My friend has a portable unit as well - like a walkie-talkie.

So a have a walk-a-bout which is nice. It transmits at 5 watts. My prized radio is in my truck. It’s got all the bells and whistles and will transmit at 50 watts. Ive connected to repeaters almost 100 miles away when im out in the plains.

1 Like