Anodizing question

When a company anodizes a yoyo is the pattern a one off or could there be multiple yoyos with the same pattern?

I ask because while searching on the web I came across these that match a couple of mine.

Mine

Store picture (color difference I believe is the lighting)

MK1 RBC page

Mine

Anyone else find anything similar?

10 Likes

Splashes are unique and differ from yoyo to yoyo. Looks like you were able to find pics of your exact yoyos online before you got them, which is pretty cool. It’s happened to me a few times as well, I love it when it happens and I’m always like:

14 Likes

You got the Super Model used for the photo shoot.

As stated above, with these types of anodizing, it is impossible to get identical outcomes.

Have fun

1 Like

nah FPM (or whatever shop was used) obviously hand splashes every yoyo meticulously so that they are all identical. Only explanation. /s

3 Likes

I didnt account for the Master Anodizer… My bad.

2 Likes

If it matches the product photo, it means you got the exact one from the product photo. I have a few like that.

Pretty random occurrence but fun when it happens - just means if/when you sell it you can provide a professional photo of it as well :+1:

4 Likes

I was pretty sure no two would be alike. It helps with the origin of buying a used throw.

1 Like