Alex's video reviews: The Dressel Designs Emotion series

You’re very welcome. I really do like them all.

1 Like

Does the Connection have a lighter feel than the Emotion? The spec is lighter, but I’m curious if it feels that way.

I think it feels a decent bit lighter, but still retains the power and then some. I think there’s a place for both because the Emotion, while heavier, is no slouch and the rims feel wider and more rounded. They are both in my daily rotation because while similar, each has its own unique feel.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’m a big fan of the Emotion and have been eyeballing the Connection.

Edit: I was actually hoping the answer would be similar to what you are saying. I really like throws that feel light but don’t seem to sacrifice power.

1 Like

It’s not crazy light, but unlike the Emotion, you don’t really feel the mass on the throw. It also feels like it’s a bit more on rails, stability wise. For me, it seems like the perfect weight, and it definitely does not sacrifice power or stability. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

2 Likes

Sounds great. I wasn’t figuring it would feel super light, but was hoping it would feel a little lighter than the Emotion. The Emotion is so good. Can’t weight to try the Connection.

Edit: Came back to correct weight to wait, but then realized it was a perfect unintentional pun, so I’m leaving it.

1 Like

Yeah i agree with all that.

1 Like

Any plans for a bimetal emotion version soon? (Connection is tri-material, you can even call it hybrid).

I believe in the write up for the Connection, it was talked about how it was originally meant to be a bimetal but the feel wasn’t just right which is how it became trimaterial.

Yeah I know. But do they plan to try again? That tas the point of my question. Maybe not clear enough. Thanks.

Possibly, but not for a while.

I’ve got a few production ready designs already made :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And while I have you here. Any monarch rerun (or new upcoming hybrid) plans you can share here?

I have a POM design that’ll be ready early 2025 and a hybrid design that hasn’t been prototyped yet but no rerun of monarch. There’s still some in my store and here on yoyoexpert!

1 Like

Thanks!!!