Alex's video reviews: Hybrid Yoyo comparison

Great Video. That combo used for the first spin test was awesome.

I find that some of my best performing yoyo’s are better because of the weight distribution and quality. The r2fg Halbert and yoyofriends paragraph are $30 and have better spin time and stability while working on hard tricks like gentry’s wrist mount combo. In my experience they work better than mono-metals from and seem to perform better than many of my bimetals.

Excellent video. Modern yoyos are so high quality it’s really hard to go wrong!

1 Like

Same trick set for each yoyo. But thanks. I’m considering doing either a tutorial or at least a video on it some time.

4 Likes

Yes that would be awesome!

1 Like

This was great, it all really comes down to design. There are some insane yoyos in the $$$ range but same in the $ range. As you deduced, there is a ceiling which is great for the consumer.

I have recently been thinking about this through the lens of food and drinks. Do I need a fancy coffee? Not really, but man does it taste good and add to the enjoyment. Luckily yoyos last longer haha

5 Likes

Most of the real differences are fairly marginal it seems. A future experiment i think will be comparing different style shapes to each other .

2 Likes

This one took me a looooooong time to make. Just gathering all the throws for it took something like 5 months total.

So it’s a long video as well…

Enjoy the Hybrid yoyos.

10 Likes

Hi guys (and girls),

You might have seen some of the longform review/comparison/testing videos I’ve done in the past. I’ve kind of run through all of my current ideas so I thought I’d check with you guys.

Normally I make a video around a common theme:

Price/performance

Hybrids

Plastics

brand name etc.

Would love some ideas. If I don’t have to buy yoyos for it…that’d be a plus for me :-). (I already have 80 or so lying around).

Could also do a Q&A session maybe? Or a Mythbusters style thing?

Overload me with your ideas please. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As you tried many yoyos why do not compare (if you have in your arsenal) a titanium yoyo, a monometal and bimetal yoyo with a similar shape?
And then have a comparison in all your usual categories, can be interesting, until couple of weeks ago I never play a Titanium yoyo and I didn’t knew what to expect compared to “what I have”, I would use yoyo with very similar specs and shape for the comparison so it doesn’t go too far.

I think can be interesting for all the people that never had titanium

Also a video about stainless steel!

2 Likes

I actually have the perfect set kind of for this in the shape of some Dressel yoyos… Hybrid, mono and titanium all in the same shape. Only the Bimetal is missing there. But i might have something in shape that comes close to it somewhere.

Good idea though thanks.

3 Likes

A comparison of the different yoyo shapes (h, v, organic etc) and what are the strong points of each shape would be interesting.

2 Likes

Show your top 5 you use the most and why

1 Like