AI and throws

This obviously has nothing to do with AI and yo-yo’s. But nevertheless, I thought maybe a few of you might find this interesting because it has to do with AI and something I’ve never heard before.

Today I got an email that said my Lakeview loan care LLC was traded over to rocketmortgage.com.

The email said that all my loan information hadn’t migrated over to rocket yet and it would probably be a good idea to touch base with them since they would be handling my loan from now on.

So I called up rocket from my cell phone. Lakeview had my cell phone on file. So when the phone call is answered, the female voice on the other end, reached me by name and says we’ve been expecting your call.

The voice manner was nice. The articulation was excellent. She didn’t sound like AI generated. And I communicate with a lot of people. But as the conversation went on, I noticed she always paused for a few seconds before answering, and then had the perfect answer for anything I asked. No stuttering, no voice modulation… No hesitation just spit out the answer like nothing.

She switched me to a push this button or push that button to get further down the road basically. After about five minutes of pushing buttons, I just stopped pushing buttons and waited. About 30 seconds later the woman’s voice comes on and says are you still there, Mo? I’ve been so busy. I thought it would be the best idea to have you just go through the list? Sorry I guess that was a mistake on my part. I understand that you’re probably getting short on patients by now and I feel your frustration and I don’t want either of us to be upset… So I will switch you over to a live agent and maybe things will work better for you that way.

Anyway, here is my question to you guys. Have any of you communicated with an AI agent representing a company that actually suggested that they feel emotion?

That is like getting in the space age weirdness as far as I’m concerned. A robot suggesting it feels my frustration.

To me in an abstract sense, would be about as weird as being captured in outer space and being set in front of an alien firing squad Consisting of robots. And the lead robot says… I really feel bad about shooting you but I always follow the orders. Sorry to see you go even though I’m a robot. This is so upsetting to me. Boo-hoo.

I know AI seems to be getting sharper all the time. But when the generated responses suggest they have developed human emotions… I think that’s not possible.

The live agent I got asked me if I had any thoughts about the initial assistance response?

I said well I was getting tired of buttons, but the AI generated woman was nice enough to tell me that she felt my frustration. Yes of course… Yeah, that in a bag of chips.

Anyway, like I said, I know that’s obviously off subject from the OP’s question. But that AI thing is just sticking in my head.

I think, as we move into the future with AI, seeming to propagate all over the place, we’re gonna be in some bad trouble.

One of my buddies told me that in the not too distant future, if you have some trouble with the law and you have to go to court, you won’t be going to court and seeing a judge. You will be doing a FaceTime hearing with a court appointed AI judge. In less than 30 seconds they will scan just about everything and anywhere you’ve been in the country or in the world. If you live in California and four months ago, you were in Orlando and got a parking ticket that will come up. If you argued with a neighbor, but it led to nothing but a police report that will show up. If a flock camera caught you parking in a handicap zone even though you didn’t get a ticket that will show up.

The AI judge will have a profile on you before you even speak.in case there’s a financial penalty involved, the AI system will already have full access to your financial assets. And within the law will be able to extract whatever penalty you may owe immediately without your consideration and without your permission.

Since you guys are throwing around thoughts on AI… Throw that around because it doesn’t look good does it?

2 Likes

If it genuinely felt your frustrations and wanted to avoid either of you becoming upset, then would it consider bending the rules based on compassionate grounds or is it pseudo-empathy?

Concerning that it would pretend to make the conversation smoother, but also I’ve met some full on emotional manipulators who would definitely try to take advantage of that fact if the feelings were genuine

1 Like

image

Me reading this thread

4 Likes

Jokes on you, I HATE CARS TOO! :rofl:

3 Likes

Proudest -6 I’ve ever gotten at a yoyo contest :saluting_face:

5 Likes

Using AI in a creative hobby is some next level loser behavior ngl.

6 Likes

I just thought of something that really applies that I just hadn’t thought of before lol

When I was a younger guy, I used to do a lot of spearfishing and sport fishing and bird hunting.

And some freshwater fishing… But I never competed in any of the trout derbies as they used to call them.

Anyway, the normal procedure back, then was for guys to get in the group after whatever kind of hunting or fishing and talk about the big one they caught… You should’ve seen it the big bear they shot… You should’ve seen it the alien hovercraft they ran into in the middle of the forest clearing… You should’ve seen it, etc.

So there was always one skeptical person nothing wrong with being skeptical… That would say if you don’t have a witness, it didn’t happen. If you don’t have a photo, it didn’t happen… Remember this was before cell phones to put everybody in the proper time period.

So obviously, if you’re out in the field, shooting birds of whatever type. Or you’re out the sticks wild pig hunting. Or you’re out on a fishing boat catching something pretty darn large… The chances of you actually having a photograph of something just depends on if somebody has a camera at the moment.

As we move up into the cell phone with the camera era, obviously things got a little different.

Then people would say, if you really killed the bear with a slingshot, you have a picture of the bear with the marble stuck in his forehead? Because if you don’t have any proof probably didn’t happen.

Or a guy would say we were out on the sport boat and I caught a 529 pound fish and that was a big and somebody obviously say well. They hung it up to weigh it on the docks, did the skipper take an image or two of you standing by the big ■■■■■■■■■ Because if he did it, maybe it wasn’t that big?

And then, as the cell phones got a little more sophisticated and start doing some pretty good video, depending on the skills of the operator obviously, then a steel shock didn’t necessarily get it.

So a guy said I pulled off the most amazing 60 combo throwing a yo-yo that only sleeps for 20 seconds. But I was on fire that day standing in my bedroom and I did a few regens no doubt, but I killed it! Everything went right and it was the most awesome related 60 second freestyle I ever did. I wish I would’ve been at a contest on stage. The judges heads probably would’ve popped.

And of course somebody’s gonna say… By any chance, did you videotape this amazing happening?

Maybe you didn’t? You didn’t know at that moment you were gonna do something unbelievable so you didn’t bother to set up your camera. Or maybe you did, because you felt like you were hitting everything when you were warming up so just by chance you were gonna throw a world beater one minute freestyle you knew you wanted to have it on video so you could show people better than you could tell them.

Now the good news is that anybody that goes to a yo-yo club or basic community yo-yo contest. Or nationals. Or worlds in person, can see the competitors do some amazing things and also see every time they screw up even when the judge is done. But the good news is you’re seeing it and it’s real whether you or the competitor like it or not.

So the reality today as I yap away, is that the old phrases is like, who saw you do it? Or do you have a picture? Or is there a video of the magical moment? Because if you don’t have anything, why should we believe you?

Now the current situation is completely turned upside down with AI.

Instead of going bear hunting and telling your friends, you shot a big bear right between your eyes, blah blah blah. You can show a video of you running full speed ahead with a knife in your mouth like a pirate, jumping into the mouth of the bear, and cutting your way out from the inside and ending the video posing while laying on top of a bare skin rug. Or you can have a samurai sword, in an over the shoulder sheath. And you jump out of a tree onto a lion’s back. While standing on the lions back, you cut it into squares and save the day. An interestingly, it can look so unreal and real at the same time.

This supposedly talented girl in the video or if you click on her link in all the videos she put up, I doubt possesses any of the skills that are shown in any of the videos.

First of all the one piece swimsuit thing throughout the videos to me is nothing more than a visual distraction. I don’t care what you think of regardless of what gender you are when you’re looking at somebody else… If they’re not wearing much, you are not just capturing what they’re doing with their hands or their feet but your brain being the ultimate video camera is capturing whatever is within that image so it to smooth out technically the oddness of AI generated stuff, putting the girl in a swimsuit is just a diversionary tactic. Even if it distracts only 10% of your focus on what she’s doing instead of how she looks is still alters and divides your focus as you are processing what you see.

Some things that might seem trivial to some… And obviously, I am no mastermind… But I have been known to pay attention to details. Several of her videos show her jam on a skateboard. Fine, nothing wrong with that. Now back to the swimsuit issue. I go way back to the days of the metal skateboard wheels, and when the nonmetal wheels came into existence. I was building skateboards for people before I started building Harley motorcycles. Where I live in San Pedro is only about less than an hours ride from the Santa Monica/Venice area, where Stacy Peralta, and the dog town boys(Tony Alva, John Muir, Jay Adams, etc.) were showing people what could be done on skateboards. I personally didn’t know them, but being a skater at the time, both board and quads I would pay attention to what they were up to because they were definitely making a mark, very obvious because Stacy would do early videos of the crazy stuff that they would do.

The reason I’m telling you that is because no matter how good these guys are and how good they were compared to each other or compared to anybody. Even though they look magical in the videos… They did all have one thing in common in the process of making incredible stunts they fell down.

They fell down… A lot. They didn’t fall down every minute. But they fell down… I think I said a lot, right?

That comes with the territory. You juggle stuff something‘s gonna come back and hit you in the head. You stand close to a wooden target while you’re throwing knives sooner or later one’s gonna bounce and come back at you. You ride a hand railing or go down steps on a skateboard you better work gloves maybe race cards kneepads helmet whatever?

The last paragraph had to do with falling down while skating. I’m sure I wore out picturing that reality. It’s a learned by doing situation. Some people fall down more than others. But everybody crashes now in that.

Now back to the girl with a big bottom and a one piece swimsuit. Busting some moves on her skateboard and not a single ankle bruise ding to the shin road rash on the knees were a big purple mark on her bottom. Not a mark not a drop of blood not a Band-Aid not a bruise, not a scrape….. ZERO signs of any injury at all.

If you didn’t notice or were skeptical about a single other thing, if you went to her page and watched every video… There’s a constant in all of them. She is scantily dressed, exposing half of her skin surface area and yet she doesn’t have a single interruption in the continuity of her skin tone. She is completely injury free. Which, of course would be completely impossible.

While I was typing my left field view of AI lunacy, my wife is in the kitchen with the radio on getting dinner ready early out here because it’s hot in California already at one in the afternoon, it’s pretty hot.

Well, I am typing. I can’t help but hear the radio in the background. There is an article they are talking about on 640 radio a.m. The lady said that a company has been reported to be using AI in their human resources department. The company is using AI to contact employees and explain to them why they are being terminated from their jobs. If the employee being fired has some questions, obviously the HRAI system, will explain to them why they need to go away.

Talk about limiting communication between humans. That’s pretty cool huh? You work for a company,Who knows how long and maybe you’re a pretty good worker. The company decides to downsize or at least downsize the number of employees in your department… Why? Probably because they’ve integrated some type of AI program that is drawn to be so effective for that particular company that they can eliminate the work with several employees, like you, for example.

Nobody has the heart to tell you that. So they do the next Best thing they have an AI bot contact you and tell you to take a hike… Have a nice day.

Sweet…

PS… my parting thought to end this oratory, not meaning to offend anybody specifically… But I think that girl, if she really does have such a way to be talented, or I should say multi talented to the degree that she is exhibiting, that I think she should use some of that powerful mind matter to get herself into a better shape. I am not using this as an example of body shaming. We are all different and very few people are built in an ideal way, or even in a way that they feel very comfortable with that’s the nature of life.

But like I said, keying off the theory that this girl is such a mastermind she can get top shelf results with all these various skill toys, she should use that same power and determination, to do some jumping jacks or something and then maybe she could put on a bikini, lol. Either that or go with doctor to find out why her physique seems to fluctuate dramatically from video to video? Water retention? Too many french fries?

Hey, what do I know, right?

I don’t use AI for anything. Rather use my own brain and thinking abilities especially as a creative person.

3 Likes

Neural networks and machine learning are very old. Apple have been using them for things like photo categorisation, text recognition, etc for over a decade. The novel uses of the technology have more ethical issues, however. There were still issues back then, like training often being done by hiring people in poor countries for less than a living wage to churn out classifications, but now we’re at the scale of ‘destroying communities so that billionaires can have their new toy’.

Using AI to generate art can be likened to plagiarism because it’s basically just the work of real artists put into a blender. They don’t do ‘original ideas’. If they are only fed music in 4/4, then they will never write music in 5/8 or 11/16. But because the original works are obfuscated, it doesn’t feel like plagiarism to the people using it.

It also won’t know when I bought it, what I received alongside it, what it looks like from other angles, what damage it has, how much I paid for it, et cetera. I have a whole bunch of formulae in my spreadsheet to do things like automatically covert all of my yo-yo purchase prices into the same currency using historical exchange rates, and then adjust them for inflation. I spent several hours writing those formulae, but the payoff was so satisfying. And whenever I find an issue with those formulae I can just edit them because I wrote them and I understand how they work.

2 Likes

I stay away from ai for anything creative but for the meaningless hassle like formating numbers in excel or sorting my email inbox, budgeting and other administrative junk I’ll use allot of ai.

Sadly I work at the national gallery of art and you would think we would be allergic to AI but our CIO is an AI evangelist and speaker and our federal mandate is “Use AI” which is lame. Currently I’m using AI to make inventory sheets and security control documentation because that’s the tedium I will gladly give to an AI :robot: but I have colleagues who use AI agents to enter switch configs and every day a simple question often is met from my federal counterparts with ask gpt… which is sad cause it’s usually a simple thing or a quick google search we didn’t need to burn a tree worth of tokens for.

All this to say for the yoyo contest I 100% used AI for tedious junk. Like I had to write an invoice with a letter head for our corporate sponsor that was all AI I was not going to burn my time on that nor pay for some billing service for that.

1 Like

I’m glad to see that the ‘using your brain’ movement is alive and well. I reckon we’re going to see a huge brain drain as a result of people farming all mental tasks out to AI. (Well, we already are…) I’ve been seeing children on the internet asking humans for help as if they’re chatbots. They demand answers like it’s their right but have nothing of value to say. It’s not ‘hi guys I need help’, it’s ‘why is it not working’.

1 Like

Thanks for linking the video, I appreciate that. I don’t use social media so I could only see the first few thumbnails on the AI account.. but I get the gist, lol. Very bizarre. Was able to view Emmet’s video though, somehow. Hope Instagram empathizes as well and he is able to get the account taken down.

Anyway, “next level loser” signing out of this thread.