After 2 hours of trying...internet down for next week

Frontier ONT box took a massive dump inside itself. I asked the customer tech rep how old it was and he couldnt give me a date. But i could see the battery for the backup power was last replaced in 2019 so its at least 4 years old, probably older. I dont know why frontier didnt go and install new models. But hey if it aint broke dont pay the cost is the business motto right?

So i guess ill be throwing more than usual this weekend, through middle of next week.

2 Likes

You gotta love it when technology decides to not. I spent two days trying to find my way around installing some sensors in some ceilings and then I plug them in. The port that worked fine for months is now dead. And it’s because a mouse chewed on the cable somewhere I can’t get to. Now I’m scheduled to run new line. Moral of the story is, when you need it, technology will go out of its way to make things harder. Every. Time. But technology brought us yo-yo folk together so it can’t be all bad.

2 Likes

Thank god for satellites. Nothing will ever go wrong with cellular internet!

Until the aliens arrive…

Oh wait i forgot didnt they give the internet to us as a method of control? A great conspiracy theory i love listening to.

I need to catch up on my last podcast on the left

Everything’s wired at my work. Ain’t no lizard people sniffing my over the air signals…

Except for solar storms and other such celestial events…

I’ve got backup equipment, power and connections over cellular if heaven forbid the fiber is cut. My work from home butt refuses to give my boss a reason for me to be in the office unplanned.

Helps that I was a network engineer for a decade so I’ve collected a bunch of stuff and knowledge for “free”

3 Likes

Lol well thats pretty awesome! Yeah my phone hotspot wouldnt be too bad if i had like a booster for it