A Message to All B/S/Ters

Never Ship a yoyo assembled, always Unscrew the Halves, (And take the axle out if possible) and wrap EACH INDIVIDUAL HALF with bubble wrap, or whatever else your using, just make sure it protects the yoyo.

The reason for this being that if you ship a yoyo assembled, It can induce vibe, sometimes a very bad vibe, and this has happened to me MORE than once.

Thanks, and as always, keep spinning.

2 Likes

Sucks when it happens, but it’s the truth. I always try to take the yoyos apart best I can.

This is one of the things I’ve recently gotten in the mail. It was crushed, and shipped in 1 piece. Take a look at the bearing seat too. Left it unusable

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/Page_Preinfalk/IMG_20120927_130752.jpg

No worries. This was resolved in a quick fashion, so I will not give any names or anything. Just some bad luck.

Sorry for the double post.

really depends on the box you’re using though. Of course if it’s a small flat rate you should definitely follow this

I always make sure to ship this way. It’s professional courtesy.

This. Small flat rate boxes are too small for yoyos unless you disassemble the throw.

But, I have almost always shipped my throws assembled in a mailing box that’s large enough to fit with plenty of padding. The same way I received it from YYE on many occasions. Luckily, I’ve never had a complaint of vibe.

I prefer to mail the yo-yo assembled too. Instead of using a flat rectangle shaped flat rate box, I use a taller, square box, and make sure there is packing peanuts, bubble wrap or crumbled newspaper to cushion all sides of the yo-yo, including top and bottom. Also, the yo-yo is wrapped separate from the other packing material. I also make sure it’s packed tight so it’s not moving around in the middle of the box.

My biggest concern with sending a yo-yo disassembled, is that there is more potential for someone to damage the axle or other parts of the yo-yo, while trying to put it together. I’d rather someone be able to throw the yo-yo right out of the box and see how it plays and confirm no damage. Then, if and when they choose to disassemble it and mess around with it, and if it is damaged in the process, there is no misunderstanding about how the damage occurred.

If they damage the yo-yo trying to assemble it out of the box, and then there is a problem on the first throw, they will think you sent it damaged. That’s how I always looked at it. I get yo-yos new assembled, and that’s how I like to send them to other people.

1 Like

bump, everyone needs to read this.

Was this me? :o

I ship yoyos assembled if I have the original box, because it is very safe for that specific yoyo. If I don’t have the box, I disassemble it and wrap the halves in bubble wrap, and use bubble wrap as padding for the rest of the box.

Oh jeez I hope that wasn’t my yoyo… I put two yoyos in the original box… I hope that wasn’t the one I trade >.<

Was this supposed to be directed at Preinfalk?

Yes

no no no. That yoyo pictured is an 888 that I received crushed in the mail before our trade. You’re good.

Oh good, I was hoping you where as satisfyed as me. Btw, I got around 6 hours of play on the dv888 today :slight_smile:
And broke the bearing in. Dead smooth, and silent.