A Father's pride?

got me by just a few years and can’t get enough.

Congrats on number 5! I believe I told you in our conversation that I have 5 as well and my 2 year old was diagnosed with Autism.

My 7 year old is hit or miss. I want him to want to do it because he enjoys it but he is kinda wishy washy with everything he is doing, including sports. He doesn’t have the fire that I had as a child, wanting to conquer everything I did. So I have to be careful and sit back and when he wants to pick up the yoyo we work on it and when he doesn’t I try not to force him to practice. He is one of those kids who if he doesn’t get it the first couple of times he gives up and either says he will never get it, or he needs a new yoyo! lol. I just bought him the prelude and might have a DM2 waiting for him for christmas if he keeps it up, but it is too hit or miss right now. He has landed a trapeeze though a few more times. I’m trying to get him ready to do the ladder at Florida States this year. That would be awesome. Not sure though we will see.

it is kinda funny because when my wife isn’t mad at me for yoyo’ing she will pick one up and she has the binds down really good and can occasionally hit a trapeeze. She tried my Deitz and is convinced that it is “broke” cause she can’t bind well with it. LoL. My 3 year old has a yoyo that I bought him and he whips that thing around like a mad man. How he hasn’t knocked anyone out or himself out yet is beyond me! But, he is a lot like me and I have a feeling he will really take off on it once he gets old enough to get his coordination down.

Yeah, my wife hates my yo-yoing too. Drives her bonkers- she says its the sound of the bearings and that I yo-yo non-stop. (For the readers sakes, I will re-cap some info) My 4 are a 10 year old girl who hula-hoops like a champ, an 8 year old boy who yo-yos, my Autistic 3 year-old boy who uses yo-yos like a mace instead of a toy, and a six month old girl who is such a peanut she could be confused with a YYF superwide :slight_smile:

Wes, the Yo-yoer, really wants to compete but he’s at the point in his life where if he can’t figure it out on his own he doesn’t want to learn it. He’ll get over it eventually but right now he’s at a stall point.

You ever find out if your Co could end up at FL states? PM me!

I got 4 kids. That is enough. I am fortunate that none appear to have any developmental problems. I’ve done work with such kids in the past and I would gladly volunteer time to help them if I could. I don’t envy Sensei Dave and TMCertified, but at the same point, I applaud their efforts and support them at least in spirit in their efforts to help their kids. I wish I was nearby, but I’m clear across the country. I’d gladly book some bands and organize a fundraiser type event and donate my time and equipment for an event to raise money for the appropriate charities or research organizations to give them more to work with.

Heck, I bring out the good stuff just for my kids’ school performances and for other school events. Elementary kids. Parents question why I do this. I simply answer “Aren’t our children worth it?” I usually can’t get anyone questioning me after that, or at least questioning my motivation.

I’m now noticing that my kids are going to their yoyos over video games. I think I’ve clicked with them on something good here.

2 Likes