A Concise Guide to Posting Pictures

Posting pictures in sales threads is important. It allows buyers to be well informed about their purchase, and saves you the trouble of repeteadly explaining the condition of the merchandise or exchanging photos via alternate means.

So, lets take a quick look at the best way to include photos in your ads…

Step 1: Make sure the pictures you would like to share are on your computer’s hard drive. Saving them all in the same location, such as “My Pictures” or the Mac equivelant, will make uploading easier.

Step 2: Visit photobucket.com and create a free user account from the main page. An email address is required.

Step 3: Log in to your new photobucket account and arrive at your personal page. Locate the green button in the menu bar marked “Upload”. Click it. A second screen will open, offering you another large green button marked “Select photos and videos”. Click to begin.

Step 4: Photobucket will open your “My Computer” control panel. Locate the folder in which you have saved your photos and choose those you would like to upload. You can select multiple photos by holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard as you click. Click “Open” when you are finished. Photobucket will complete its upload process automatically.

Step 5: Visit your photobucket album by clicking the menu tab marked “Albums”. The photos you uploaded should be displayed. All photos in your album will be saved and can be posted on the web at any time in the future.

Step 6: As you run your cursor over the uploaded photos, 4 codes will be displayed below. The code marked “IMG” is the one you will need. Click the box containing this code and photobucket will automatically copy it.

Step 7: While creating your sale post on yoyoexpert.com, paste this IMG code directly into the post, and do so in the exact position you would like the photo to appear. Repeat for each photo. If you are editing an existing post, you can add these codes by choosing “modify” at the upper right of the post to be edited.

Déjà vu is it not?

As I’ve said, I think this is a good idea for a sticky. However, I think it’s important to be as clear and concise as possible. The point is to make sure people will read it, and can do so quickly and easily. I think this guide does just that but I’d always be open to suggestions if it could be improved upon.

1 Like

It is a good idea, one that Nick thought of himself and took the time to do to help the community. We don’t need 4 or 5 of the same topics trying to one up each other.

What we need is a good how-to on posting pictures, which is something that many forums already have. Unfortunately, I attempted to offer suggestions for ways in which another effort could have been improved, but my input was very unwelcome. However, I was invited to incorporate my ideas into an original how-to. This is it, and I think it serves the purpose much more effectively as a result.