A- and Insomnia styles?

So, looking through yoyowiki talk, I found those two names, but just the names. I have absolutely no information on them. Help?

link? I can’t even find it…

I have been yoyoing for a very long time.
and have studied alt yoyo styles.
I have never once heard of insomnia style
A minus I might of…rings a bell in my head.

A- is tricks with the yoyo not spinning and fully unwound.
Markmont did a fun video of it years ago.

3 Likes

Could you post a link to that video? Also, I heard both these names in the talk about the yoyowiki styles of play.

Here it is.
www.yoyowiki.org/wiki/Talk:Styles_Of_Play

Oh look, another one. Alpha style. Weird.

1 Like

Hahaha… How old is that video? Also, cool (sub)style. He catches it in his hand after every bounce… I guess to realign it. Now about that Insomnia and Alpha stuff…

alpha is not really a style of play so much as a way of “playing with style”. alpha is an old doc pop term to describe tricks/playing which are inherently smooth. gerbil and super-flow (done correctly) are good examples of alpha style 1a tricks. basically fluid movements which keep the yo-yo from stopping and re-starting motion.

1 Like

Alpha? m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Og54pViL28s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOg54pViL28s

Why do I feel like insomnia is yoyoing while sleeping? (I think we’ve all heard the stories.)

I now have this huge list of all styles, and I was wondering if anyone would mind proof reading it before I post it for everyone to see?

Sure, just send it to me, I’ll do my best to proofread it.

1 Like

Cool… Just look over it to make sure all the information is correct and there aren’t any obvious grammatical or spelling errors.