5AMay 2024 - Week 3

Get ready for the sloppiest electric fan I could muster. I didn’t manage to figure out butterfly, but I got two of the three and the trick of the week. Included some ukulele in the background because why not. Enjoy!

10 Likes

My entry for week 3 of 5a May for the @YoYo-Boomer-Club ! Enjoy my attempts at beesting, electric fans, tanglers, etc in a freeform setting :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Looks like I’m not gonna make it this week :sob:

Didn’t have much time to practice, though I ALMOST got the butterfly!

1 Like

Drop whatever you are doing, put a yoyo glove and practice! No excuses accepted! You can still do it!

2 Likes

OH! I keep forgetting to post in this thread, but for those who missed it, we have a special collab tee up for 5a May!

Thanks to @DedHed for this one!

4 Likes

Okay here’s the last two tricks that I skipped in my earlier entry so that I can get max entries for the week. The motion of butterfly totally clicked now but still gotta refine the exit and making sure they don’t collide when I initially toss the CW. Efans I’m very very bad at still and need to work on them a lot more but I think this is good enough for the event.

11 Likes

Your e-fan is going backwards which l think would make it much harder. When you catch the weight end of the string, you have to get it swinging the opposite direction, and the throw goes into a forward roll away from your body.

Still looked good enough to me :+1:

2 Likes

Hah yo thank you so much that makes a lot more sense. I will try to make time to refilm it correctly by the end of the day if the bean counters think I should do a more proper version just let me know. Either way I will try with the flips going the other direction.

3 Likes

You could try palm down too, palm up efans like what you’re doing are honestly way more awkward for me now. Palm down is way more comfortable for me.

I don’t think it really matters much though since efan is a transitional element more than it really is a classical “trick” at this point. Electric fan as a singular trick of somersaults with a following counterweight rotation feels a little ancient to focus on as just a singular trick.

Palm up/palm down/both counterweight spinning directions. It’s all efans at the end of the day.

2 Likes

My only entry for this week.

10 Likes

Yeah you’re totally right but I would like to be able to do it as a control exercise type trick at least. Seems like a thing I should be able to do before moving on to more advanced variations or dynamic efan combos. Or maybe not idk bc it just makes me frustrated and then I switch to another style…maybe it’s better to learn the tricks that look cool and fun and I’m more motivated to learn…then at least I would be playing…hah I’m rambling now idk just vocalizing some internal dialogue

1 Like

Final entry for this week.

Combined some of the things I learned in to a single combo for it. Finally started landing that basic E-fan combo as well. The final E-fan is a little sloppy but I’m just happy I was able to do them all in one throw.

15 Likes

One ladder trick and TaW. I feel like i want to spend a week or two on the previous tricks to strengthen those fundamentals instead of learning more tricks.

12 Likes

Here we go!! Butterfly and free form. :smiley:

13 Likes

Here’s my trick ladder submission!!

10 Likes

This isn’t an entry, but just an extra post related to this week.

People who can play with one of their hands behind their back are insane. I feel like I need a trick a week for yoga instead of 5A.

9 Likes

There really are people that make that look as natural as can be. I don’t get it. :rofl:

2 Likes

Here’s my attempt the week 3 trick ladder. I couldn’t quite get the e fan but tried it. I got the other 2 down. And it was mail day. I hope this also counts for the freeform part. I added a trick or two in the second clip.

9 Likes

Here is my freeform got distracted this week trying to learn kickflip and forgot to learn the 5A tricks :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

:wink:

10 Likes