4️⃣🅰️ Everyday — (former 4️⃣🅰️ Offtober 2023)

Let’s go! Nice job! 4a is a super fun style and we’re happy to help if you have any questions!

3 Likes

rip it back like a beyblade

and regarding the myy:

I think the T2 sucks and its very fragile, strips very easily
the new T3 however is fantastic and really good for the price they’re offering

4 Likes

different model dan lol

3 Likes

Good catch! Thought we were taking about the T3 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

been practising my soloham, whats this trick called? (missed bind but oh well)

4 Likes

That’s called sprinkler, and (like with diabolos) it’s usually done with the yoyos rolling in reverse, because it’s spin dependent (the yoyos will catch (snag) if they’re spinning backwards and rolling backwards).

1 Like

oh interesting, i havent had any issues with it snagging. unless im misunderstanding your sentence it should be right?

1 Like

What this means is totally lost on me, but I appreciate the suggestion. :smile:

5 Likes

You know… rip it!! But not forward…back!! I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself… I think there’s something wrong with me!! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

For short rolls, especially with high gap widths and control, the yoyos will not snag or hit each other, but if you do it backwards, the spin of the yoyos enables them to stay away from each other and prevents them from snagging. This does make it harder to do this trick for a long time, especially with tight gaps.
I assume you have a larger gap width (I use the flight, and it’s very overtightened) and you might also be doing a slightly different, more controlled trick.

ah i see, im using the C3 EOM which seems to have double the gap width. YYF really isnt the place for the best offstring yoyos, but for the price you cant really argue lmfao

1 Like

I have a variety of offstring yoyos, my favorite one with a reasonable gap is the yyt Spire. I use the Flight because of its durability

i thought beyblade phase (and them getting banned) in school was a universal thing!

I guess… starting a pull start lawnmower?

3 Likes

i dont really think flights are all that more durable then any modern pc and especially pom lol.

infact my flights the only offstring ive actually broken. not worth how terrible they are even at the price (especially if the myy T3 is as good as the players i trust saying theyre that good)

1 Like

Ah, I get it now! I had to watch a video. I have the non-yoyo section muted so I didn’t even see the thread about them here.

1 Like

It’s because of the Flight’s m5 axle. I’ve broken the axle on 2 of my Spires so many times that the yoyos became unusable. I usually yoyo over tile or a talent show stage or whatever is around me.

@Bendy brought up an interesting point….
Is there a general idea on string length for 4a? I’ve been dabbling a little because of the skills addict app. My only previous experience with 4a was my brother and I would stand across the street and yeet a flying panda at each other.

3 Likes

generally, its easier to throw with a shorter string. i think i started with about 60cm before moving onto longer strings when i wanted to do soloham

3 Likes

I normally measure from my non throw hand shoulder to the length of my throwhand arm fully extended like this. I learned this from Sean and I find it to be a pretty good length overall. Sometimes I do like to go a smidge shorter or longer depending on what I’m doing but it’s a great overall strat for string length imo

5 Likes

I’ll give it a try. Thank you for the answers

2 Likes