3A March 2024 - Week 1

Welcome to 3A March, everyone The video is the same as the text so don’t feel you need to read and watch both!

I’m James, as most of you know, I’m the owner of Save3A. My goal is to help raise awareness about and participation in 3A yoyoing. Today marks the beginning of an event to hopefully further that goal. Each Friday, I will post a series of tricks for you to attempt to learn. They will range from a skill level that someone who has never touched 3A before can land, to hopefully even challenging those who are well-versed in 3A. The goal here is to provide an opportunity for both beginners and experienced players to win some awesome prizes and learn something new while having fun. Because advanced tricks are harder and may take longer to master, I will be accepting progress posts, such as “I finished step 1 of 5, here is the video showing step 1 landed.” Then, next week, you can carry over that trick and continue through the steps! This also means I need people to be honest with themselves and not rig the system. I’m doing this all at a loss to my funds to better the community as a whole because I love it, so please don’t let me down by cheating :).

Each person who posts any completed trick or step will get one entry to win a pair of TitanXs when they come out (soon awaiting ano). Each person who at least records an attempt at landing a trick will be entered to win a yoyo holster (please tell me the correct term, folks, as I know this is debated).

You will get more entries per trick max of 2 as long as it matches your skill level. This is where your honesty comes into play. I will also accept tricks not listed for more advanced players as long as you can link a tutorial and show step progress with it.

Overall, I hope people have fun and give 3A a shot. Also, don’t forget it’s Modern Responsive March, so you should also give that a shot or do both at the same time :).

Tips:

• Short strings help a lot - 70-80cm is recommended for starting.
  • Grippy pads help bind with shorter strings, so think Hollywood Modern Grey pads, RSO Peach, and YYF Pink.
  • Mismatched pairs will do just fine, so don’t stress!
    Join our discord Save 3A

Submissions:
I will accept any video outlet as long as it’s viewable by the public. Even though they don’t embed I would prefer you post on Instagram if possible and tag my account and use the hashtags #save3a, #3amarch2024, #3a as it brings a lot more visibility to 3A. But imgur, youtube, etc all are fine.
Limited to the US or max of $15 out-of-pocket shipping to other countries, will ship to any country but my hard cut-off on my own funds for shipping is $15.

The Trick List By Level:

Just Starting:

• Gun Slinger - This is going to be your bread and butter bind. You want to learn this before anything else, and it can be done with one hand. Don’t worry about doing both hands just one at a time is fine.
  • Kink Mount - This is your first mount and the first time getting two yoyos involved at the same time. Take your time and go slow and smooth; it will help.
  • Shima Wrap - Fun wrap element that can be used to do many other things and can be broken down one step at a time.

Everyone Else

This is about fun and learning and pushing more people into 3A so if you feel a trick should be on or off this list go for it. I’m open to submissions that have 3A and are not hard-struck by these tricks. These are just some of my favorites and for beginners, I think they are the foundational steps for a great start in 3A. For more advanced tricks they are chosen to have a level that should meet anyone from someone just beyond the basics to someone who could win Nats.

18 Likes

well shoot now i got to learn 3a or at least attempt 3a

6 Likes

Some sweet prizes so likely worth a shot. The basics can be learned pretty quickly if you have done 1A at all. Plastic whip / gunslinger / keychain whatever you want to call it is a 1A trick after all.

4 Likes

grab your pair of beater yoyos and try this stuff out!

my first three pair was two b grades I had laying around:

5 Likes

Normalize off pairs :heart_on_fire:

4 Likes

shittyshimawrap

10 Likes

That is so smooth and good

4 Likes

That was so smooth, can’t wait to see what you dont think is ■■■■ lol.

1 Like

Hey James. Not sure if you realize or not but the video stops suddenly. Maybe you linked the wrong edit? Wasn’t sure because you said it matched the text.

Looking forward to giving this a go!!

3 Likes

I didn’t notice that thank you for the call out! I will get the full one re-uploaded. Looks like imgur cut it in half.

2 Likes

As annoying as it is to manage yet another thing. Youtube has been reliable for hosting video for us.

If you would like any help in getting something setup like that to get things started I don’t mind offering some assistance I don’t have the capacity to operate more things but I’ll happily build out a solution and hand it off.

2 Likes

Thank you, I put it on YouTube so hopefully no more issues.

1 Like

Random easy trick exercise

12 Likes

Kinky roll with trapeze + Gift wrap

7 Likes

Great job

BUMP Still have until Friday morning to enter to win TitanXs / holder!

2 Likes
7 Likes

Great job! You even did it in sync instead of one at a time and with looks like decently long string. :partying_face:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Somewhat smoother

4 Likes