2022 National Yo-Yo League Season

The National Yo-Yo League is pleased to announce the 2022 NYYL Season

17 Likes

Pacific Northwest Regionals : Seattle, WA – February 26, 2022

Yessssssss. Flight: booked (and now I’m finally out of flight credits for everything canceled in 2020 lol). Just waiting for the hotel info to drop :smiley:

@RC_yo-yo 2022 PNWR is happening!

5 Likes

Yeah - can’t wait!

3 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait to go
Thanks for the info

2 Likes

Alas I will be missing nationals since it’s the weekend of my parents 50th anniversary and we will be at the beach with them. Hopefully I can make a couple of these. My brother is in Houston now, so SCR is a distinct possibility.

Kudos on the reboot!

4 Likes

Overwhelmingly excited to see the schedule!

3 Likes

So there will be Nats but no worlds?

ssyyc is most likely happening for me, I need to get started on my routine sense its 4 months away

1 Like

Aren’t regional finals usually 2 minutes? Did they increase it to 3 minutes this year?

1 Like

So because I rarely know what I am talking about I have a few questions,

Can anyone compete in a regional competition, or is there a prerequisite competition you must win?

The final is 3 minutes, is there a minute long preliminary round? (this is just what I have seen in previous competitions)

Will there be specific state competitions this year?

2 Likes

Woo! Excited to get to Nats! Only a 90 minute drive away from me, though traveling in AZ in June is never pleasant. Sad my fixie hero @edhaponik won’t be able to make it, but stoked to meet some forum people in the flesh!

DRINK WATER WHILE YOU’RE HERE!

3 Likes

Looks that way.

Yes, and yes. I don’t know the reasoning but if I had to guess, maybe because there were no contests last year and no worlds this year it’s a way to have more yo-yo content and give players more opportunity to show their stuff in a contest.

AFAIK anyone can compete. State champions might be seeded to finals, but I’m not sure about that.

yep, there will be 1 minute prelims.

I don’t know for sure but given the density and pace of regional contests of this season (the whole thing finishes within 5 months, end of February to end of June) I would guess that there won’t be any state-specific contests this year.

2 Likes

Do you have to buy tickets to attend? I haven’t been able to find much info

2 Likes

As far as I know, the only fees are for competitors. I’m not 100% certain of this thought because I know smash bros tournaments often charge a venue fee and the last contest I attended (Nats 2015 in LA) had a venue fee as well IIRC. I don’t think state contests had a venue fee though, so I would be surprised if the regional contests did. But since I’ve never been to one I cannot say for certain, though I will guess “no”, there’s no fee to attend if you’re not competing. And if there is a fee, it will be nominal, like $20 max.

3 Likes

Regional finals switched to 3 minutes in 2020.

1 Like

I thought I read somewhere that worlds would be in Japan next year. Did I read that wrong?

1 Like

That sounds right. IIUC 2022 worlds was going to be in Japan, but it was postponed to 2023.

@Nathan will there be a designated hotel w/ an event rate for PNWR like has been done in past?

1 Like

South central regionals could possibly be my first contest (does OWYYC count?)

1 Like

I believe so, keep an eye on the event page.

2 Likes