2014 FIFA WORLD CUP

It’s great man. I love it and especially cause it only comes once every four years! I will probably be glued to the screen lol

USA, Germany, Portugal, and Ghana should be the Group of Death. How did Spain, Netherlands, Chile, and Australia get named the Group of Death. They only have 2 really good teams, where the US are 1 of 4 really good teams in their group.

Also, did you know that the US coach was head coach of Germany while the current head coach of Germany was assistant. Therefore, the US coach will be facing his assistant in their 3rd game. It will be a great game to watch.

Spain is at least as good as Germany, and the Netherlands and Chile could both be better than any other team in Group G (especially with Chile getting a boost over the European teams from playing in South America). I would much rather have Germany/Portugal/Ghana than Spain/Netherlands/Chile (for that matter, I’d rather have Germany/Portugal/Ghana than Uruguay/Italy/England in Group D). Australia is the only team that is any weaker than the Group G teams, but the other three are better and fighting for two spots. Group D doesn’t have a team as strong as Germany, but the rest of the group is stronger than the rest of Group G. In terms of how hard it is to finish in the top two and qualify for the next round, I think both of those are going to be tougher than Group G.

EDIT: Another thing about Group B is that it is going to be really important to win that group, because the runner-up is almost certainly going to have to face Brazil in next round. The Group G teams don’t need to worry as much about finishing first or second as long as they move on.

The World Cup is pretty much the only time that I really take an interest in football. I won’t be watching all the games religiously, but I’ll try and catch as many decent ones as I can.

I’ll get into the spirit and cheer for England to win, but we all know that it just isn’t going to happen.

Spain or Germany are probably going to take it imo. Probably Spain.

Have faith in England mate haha! If spain wins back to back I would be shocked. But go BRAZIL!!

If the US wins a game with the group they’ve drawn, that’s a victory in itself. I’m hoping Ghana will go far this year–Suarez robbed them of a semifinals appearance against Germany last time around, which really angers me. When they lost in the shootout, I nearly cried. Unfortunately though, it looks as if the Ghana roster is not nearly as strong as it was 4 years ago–their striking is great, but their midfield is aging, and their back line weak. The Boateng brothers in the same group will be a nice matchup to watch, an even better one if they had met in the semis 4 years ago. June 21st, mark your calendars, ladies and gents! Ghana vs Germany at Fortaleza!

Ghana’s semi would have been against the Dutch. Germany played Spain on the other side of the bracket.

Colombia just took a big hit with probably losing Falcao to a torn ACL. They’re still probably the group favourites, but it’s harder to see them making a deep run without Falcao.

Really? I am not the biggest Columbian fan but I do like Falcao. I missed out on that information.

(Wow, this post was brought back up :D)

Well I hope Mexico loses right away, because they got lucky that they had to face New Zealand in that playoff game. >:(, but I know they won’t win the cup so it’s all good :wink:

Rooting for the dutch!

Not gonna care too much about sportsball. As I don’t really bother watching any forms of sportsball.

hey… my mom’s from El Salvador! I think that either Brazil or Germany is going to win. Netherlands were mighty close in 2010.