2013 Black Friday at YoYoExpert

Speaking of clyw, anyone know what there sale will be. (I have not been sent anything in my mailing list)?

is it just me or is there a bug in the discount system?

Let’s say, I buy 2 Quakes. If I take the same color, 20% is taken off the order. But if I buy two different colors, only one yoyo gets discounted, the other one stays at full price.

Is that’s supposed to work like that…?

YYE has the best selection out of any store. Maybe except for that Japanese store.
Considering most yoyo’s are already in the $100+ range, I don’t think spending $150 to get 20% off is bad at all.

If I were going all in on a sale, I wouldn’t be picking up things that are already in the budget area.

What you pick should not matter. The percentage of discount should be calculated specifically ‘off the total’ and not the various items.

What you get is irrelevant. It is the Total that matters.

Email Andre, now. He may actually still be up. Or if you are afraid of getting aced out of your Colorways, just make your order and then ask YYE to make the proper money adjustment before they ship.

1 Like

Try clicking on the “update cart quantities” button. I added a second yoyo to my cart and I was only getting a discount on the first yoyo instead of both. After pressing the update button, it corrected the discount prices.

I think other stores still have big shoes to fill. YoyoExpert has the best selection, and presentation of their stock that I’ve seen in yo-yo. In my opinion, no yo-yo site has it beat, in the organization of the shopping experience. In addition to the fact that it has the best selection in the U.S.A…by a mile. Even if a few other places have a higher percentage off of their whole stock, they probably barely have anything good in stock anyway. If you’re doing some real shopping, and buying a bunch of stuff, you might buy one thing at another store with a huge percentage off, but that’s if you can find something worth the time. I would bet they still have to split their order and come here to get all the good stuff. I always shop around, but end up buying the vast majority right here. Besides, I’m sure there will be Cyber Monday deals too. :slight_smile:

Still no luck.

You can try for yourself: add two yoyos worth at least $100 each to the cart with different colors and you see that the first is discounted 20% while the second remains at full price. But if you add the same color twice, you get the expected 20% on the total of the order.

Just a moment ago, I had a little bit of fun with the shopping cart: add 2x Quake of the same color and you get 20% off. Then add another color of the Quake and the discount will only apply to the single quantity color while the 2 other yoyos snap back to full price.

Something is really fishy here :wink:

True, YYE has the best selection by a long shot, but I’ve seen better prices at other stores with a decent selection of the main brands and on top of that, have free shipping on all items. YYE is still my go to store however if I see a way better deal at another store, heck yeah, I’m takin it.

YYE has a pretty much great everything, however if they want to stay on top (at least as long as YYN did, hopefully longer) a few changes should be made. I think they should reformat the site, and go for a more simplistic look that is easy to navigate. Right now it’s not necessarily cluttered, but I think we all agree it could be more simplistic. It’s been 6 or so years now with pretty much the same tired look. Yes, they updated the logo awhile ago but updating the logo doesn’t change the fact that the site needs a refresh. The next thing they should do is a forum overhaul. Certain changes to the BST have to be made, the 30 post 30 day limit to unlock the BST that I as well as others have been asking for for years should be implemented. The ability to change our name, lock our own topics and delete our own posts should be restored.

Sorry I went off on a huge giant tangent… now what were we talking about? Black Friday? Carry on…

2 Likes

Currently staring at a $250 shopping cart and trying to decide whether to hit the button.

Its the Ricochet that’s tempting me at the moment. I don’t really like undersized throws because of the lack of stability that normally comes with them, but I’ve never tried a Titanium throw before and heard good things about the Ricochet…

Hmmm… stares at shopping cart some more

I think some of our perspectives are relative to our tenure here at YoyoExpert. You’ve been around a long time, so I know you have seen the site a lot longer. I think it would take a long time for me to be tired of the look. I have noticed my spending changed, but that seems typical of everyone in the hobby. I project that my spending on yo-yos in general is down from last year 25 to 30%. That is the result of me having most things I was after initially, as far as collectible stuff, but also, I started buying more expensive throws…just not as many.

But back on topic, about 6 months ago, I was shopping for a Ricochet. Another store had it listed extremely low $179. I waited until they had a 20% off sale, and copped it for $143 (no tax/free shipping). I don’t know if anyone else caught it, but I did. I split my order for that sale (I think July 4th). I got the Ricochet elsewhere cause it was a steal, and I got an Aware, Megatron and Trinity at YYE. I consider that store selling the Ricochet that cheap as an error. I waited for them to make the same mistake again, but it seems they noticed it, and raised the Ricochet everyday price to $199. Now, when they have those big sales, no huge deal on that throw. I bet they raised the price to make back what they lost selling it so cheap.

I say all that to say, that we want sales and incredible deals, but it does none of us any good when stores give throws away and go out of business because of it. I wouldn’t want a reputation of a store where “things were cheap…too bad they went out of business.” I think YYE gives over and above what it takes to keep me around. I want smart sales that also allow me to reap the benefits…so it works for everyone.

I can’t wait to see what Cyber Monday has in store. My cash flow can only handle a bit more spending, so I’m hoping for great deals. Today, I’ll grab a few Kendamas, Blood Brother 2, and some accessories.

Ricochet is very stable…undersized, but feels solid and stable. I will pull the trigger on some stuff this morning too. :wink:

[quote=“Gambit,post:65,topic:61587”]
Frank from ILYY (owner) bought one, if that helps you in deciding if this is a good yoyo or not…

The issue I have is there’s being so little said about cyber Monday. I just know that I’m pull the trigger and then on Monday they’ll be all “Spend $200 and get 100% off!”… and I’ll be all “sux dat yo”.

It seems so weird to me to have 2 different sales only a few days apart…

It is a risky gamble, for sure. If I remember correctly, there was a great deal last year with Cyber Monday. Not only were there the percentages off like now, but there were specific throws where the prices were slashed. So, not only were the prices slashed, but you got to take 20% off the top of the slashed price. I got a Trinity for the price of a DMII basically. This is a tough one to figure out what to do. I’m not going to go crazy today and save some money for Monday…just in case.

This is a solid idea to be sure!

Not gonna go with the Ricochet today, I’ll see if anything changes Monday. However I’ve never tried fixed axle before and it looks fun, so I bought:

Hildey Bros. Emmett
O.U.T. Pocket Love
25 pack cotton String
2x YYSL Venom

$37.00 shipping on a $70.00 order isn’t exactly something to be thrilled about, but all the fixed axles are sold out in UK stores, so I didn’t really have a choice. Plus I really wanted an Emmett. :smiley:

Andre you need to fix the bug that only takes off the percentage for 1 yoyo when you buy two of the same with different colors

There is a glitch if you buy ‘two’ of the same product. If you place the order we will refund the difference to you after - just send us a quick email if you want to confirm after placing the order - Contact@YoYoExpert.com.

It’s something in the cart system programming that we can’t easily fix - major overhaul on the shopping cart system coming soon though! :slight_smile:

There’s your answer above. André is always looking out for his customers.

Got myself a Format:C and a gift for a friend. I love Black Fridays! ;D
But I’m not going to buy the Ricochet because I’m going to win that in my mystery box purchase. Sorry to the rest of you. Better luck next time. :wink:

For me YYE had the best Black Friday sale available. They had the exact 3 yoyos I really wanted in stock and the exact string brands/colors I wanted, plus a couple other neat things. Another store had 2 of the 3 yoyos I wanted in stock at the same discount, has free shipping and also has the Freehand AL in stock which I would’ve tried at 20% off but they didn’t have the Glow Protostar, string or anything I would’ve impulse bought. None of the items other stores had at insane discounts really appealed to me. Every other site had 0-1 of the throws I wanted. YYE customer support is also awesome and refunded one of my shipping fees to hopefully combine orders with my Mystery Box order.

I’m slightly insulted that CLYW offered 25% off their week old throws but since it was limited to 25 people and 2/3 of the things I bought were already sold out I’ll live. Still would’ve liked to have saved 25% on the Gnarwhal 2 instead of being punished for being a loyal customer, though. Had I anticipated that move they would’ve made more money from me anyway since I probably would’ve bought a shirt and a toque with the Gnarwhal 2.

1 Like

I added everything to my cart and it took the price off all the items so I guess yeah just with the same yoyo lol