My first custom case!

I just wanted to show off this case I put together.

I purchased the actual case which was an old makeup box from the thrift store. I was really lucky with this as the case itself cost me 80 cents!

Then I ordered a bunch of foam from some online site that sold case foam for camera cases. That cost me about 24 bucks shipped. It was a 72" x 40" sheet of 1/2" thick foam.

I then proceeded to make a template of my case size and cut the foam accordingly. I use some spray adhesive to tack the pieces of foam together for a 2" thick piece for the case. Then I used a hole saw and drill with soap water to trill the holes in reverse. The rest of the case was already perfect for everything I needed!

The upper compartment holds my lube, strings and whatever else I need. It has two sections, one small one where the lube is and a larger area where the bag o’ strings are.

The lower compartment is where 6 yoyos can be stored and the upper part of that has elastic sacks there in which I have some dice to be used for counterweights and the Loop 900 Keys.

Enjoy! I plan on making more cases which will be for sale. This one, however, is MINE!!!

Oh… Please don’t mind the Yomega in there. It’s just a placeholder that I found on my in-laws porch one day.

really cool nice cutting and nice loop 900s >.>

I’m hoping to make a case… but i dont know what case i want that not too expencive… :’(

Nicely done vpxtreme. I have to get or make a case soon. I have been thinking of modifying a brief case I have laying around. Then I can dress up like a business man in suit & tie with a fedora and yo.

Hey,

Like it. Still maybe you can get foam a little bit cheaper, no?

After seeing this one I got the motivation to do one of my own. Good work :wink:

I just made my first case! ;D Well all I did is put in some foam from this other yoyo box thing that I got from Back to Basic Toys and I put the foam in a different case. Its only a prodotipe though… :-\

Thanks for the comments!

Glad it helps to motivate you! The foam can be acquired cheaper, but I wanted a specific foam that was much more firm than the stuff you can get from the hobby stores.

Thanks so much! I was thinking about briefcases too! I couldn’t find any ones that were thin enough to look good as well. Hope yours turns out well and post some pics of it!

It really isn’t that difficult to make these cases so long as you got some time and good planning!

really nice you made it so good for a second there i thought you bought it. :stuck_out_tongue:

nic case but what really caught my eye
Hoyt?
are you an archer?

Aye that I am… I do use the term loosely. I like to target shoot non-competitively. I find it very relaxing and enjoyable!

ah cool. ur the firsts archer and yoyoer ive met :smiley:
i do it competively. i use a samick but i see hoyts all the time. nice!