ZGRT: Basilisk monometal (re-run) releasing next week

Snagged a grey/silver one! I’m going straight for that bearing blank set up

1 Like

Great choice!! I typically flip between fixed and responsive all the time. Either configuration is such fun!

Thanks for the support @CaptainFoxxButt !!

1 Like

I have an order for one in teal. Wish I could have got the blue as well. Or even better a team up with MFD for colors❤

2 Likes

I like some of the splashes from the original version, but I like these solid colors a lot.

3 Likes

Thanks @Malachi — I am so pleased with the vibrant and deep tones they have.

Just took this picture without any enhancements

7 Likes

Thanks @JT71! That would be insane!

1 Like

You will not be disappointed. The original is in my top 5 of responsive throws.

I already have an rbc, daytripper and weekender. Couple of really nice fixies. It’s up against some pretty heavy hitters. Interested to see where it fits for me.

Less responsive than an RBC, more like an OD Deep State, my personal fav. That and the RBC are my #1 choices currently

2 Likes

Hope you like it @CaptainFoxxButt

I’m seriously thinking in getting another mijo 6061 bro. It’s soooo rad and smoooth :star_struck::heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I got a red one already but now I can’t decide which color to choose from!!

2 Likes

Well I can agree the fixed setup is fantastic! I love the fixed since i got it, been my main way However this weekend I tried a healthy drop in the slim bearing. It’s fun and the Responsive feels great. Also yeah this is a smooth yoyo!

5 Likes

Couldn’t resist. Ended up getting the royal blue one :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:.

3 Likes

Nice @c.yoyo !!! To me that colour is more an electric blue rather than a royal blue. Well… looking at it again I would call it an electric royal blue :zap::crown::blue_heart:

2 Likes

I pulled the trigger and acquired a 6061. I think I’m gonna like it.! Throwing as fixed axle, but willing to listen for any set-up recommendations.

10 Likes

my personal recommendation is the 4mm wide bearing with 1 drop of thick lube. perfect response for my tastes. perfect for 1A tricks with a flyaway return, great for stalls/flips and still shoots the moon.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you pulled the trigger for El MiJo 6061 @Billipo. My favourite configurations are fixed and 3mm responsive.

However, I included the 4 mm per @bheinz63’s recommendation and I am starting to enjoy it as much as the above ones (thanks @bheinz63!)

4 Likes

you’re very welcome! thank you for the incredible yoyo <3

3 Likes

I’ll second the half spec set up, with thick lube. Nice and snappy. Love the shape and the weight too!

11 Likes

Glad you liked it @CaptainFoxxButt!! Enjoy it!!!

2 Likes