Zero Gravity Return Tops: Introducing The Rhino - out first titanium throw

Luca Brasi was known to do the thoughest work for The Don. For this Brasi Edition we are using brass rims instead of stainless steel. Two beautiful colourways will be available for this version only.

9 Likes

Yup. I’m purring again.

1 Like

The Don - Brasi Edition perhaps possesses a very unique combination in being a bi-metal organic throw using brass rims, 7068 body and D-bearing.

6 Likes

We are so excited to announce that we finally have a team Zero Gravity!

Check our IG and follow the link in bio:

Www.Instagram.com/zerogravityreturntops

6 Likes

In 2020 we began our journey with an extreme H shape monometal yoyo made out of 6061 alloy: The Winglet. At that time, we were looking to create something extreme but comfortable and powerful at the same time. That project took us to explore more ideas, alloys, shapes and bearings. In the last 1.5 years we have used 6061, 7075, 7068, 7003 aluminums including bi-metals throws using stainless steel and brass rims.

One of the metals that we were missing was Titanium and, as previous projects, we wanted to bring something unique in terms of shape and design. That said, we are pleased to introduce The Rhino.

Here are the specs:

Diameter: 54.5 mm
Width:43.4 mm
Gap: 4.53 mm
Weight: 64 gr
Material: Titanium
Finish: Raw
Bearing: D concave

We chose an H shape for our first titanium yoyo, but we worked very diligently to have a stylized r- H -ino shape. The H shape is known to be powerful and to bring incredible stability into a yoyo. That was a key element to use with titanium because with Ti walls can be thinner than walls using other alloys and weight can be easily pushed to the rims.

The weight distribution of this throw is phenomenal which is a sign of using Titanium properly. When it comes to playability, the Rhino gives enough spin time and stability to perform complicated and technical tricks which were part of the desired and expected outcomes as we moved almost half of its weight towards the rims. The Rhino also plays very nimble for an H shape yoyo and one of the reasons for that is due to the 64g weight.

This year we have been playing around and enjoying D bearings so much. I can say this is our D-bearing year and what a way to release a Titanium throw using this type of bearing. To my knowledge this might be the second D-bearing Ti throw so far. One of the things we like about D bearings is the capability to bind the yoyo at lower RPM. This feature is very cool as it gives you a little bit of extra time to finish your routine or trick even though the yoyo is at its final spinning time. The dimensions of the pads are exclusively designed for D-bearing size and are compatible with RSO D-bearing ones. They have the same outer diameter as a regular C-bearing size pad, but the inner diameter is 1 mm smaller. This response system assures great bindings in conjunction with the D bearing.

The stylized design of The Rhino was a challenging task to accomplished. This is something we always aimed to incorporate in this throw so it could have a rhino personality. This was not an easy feat. We worked with several manufacturers and the details we wanted on this throw were very challenging for them to machine in Titanium due to the rigidness of this metal. Some manufacturers just could not do it. But we did not give up, we kept trying until we were able to make this happen.

We wanted to go for a raw finish to enhance the rhino personality of this throw.

This project took us several months to design, to prototype, to test and to fine tune all the details. We are thrilled to be able to materialize this project the way we envisioned it to be and here it is: The Rhino

This is a 30-piece run and only 10 will be under pre-ordering. We always say ‘Let nothing hold you down’ and those 10 preorders follow that statement. The preorder will be an opportunity to i) get this throw at discounted price; ii) reserve it with a minimum down payment if you wish, iii) finalize your payment prior to shipping.

For more information contact us in instagram @zerogravityreturntops or through DM.

14 Likes

Sick!’ :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Dude this is rad! I’ll be ready for the preorder. This will be definitely my opportunity to finally grab a Ti throw. Can’t wait!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::raised_hands::raised_hands::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Man the design appeal to me so much, looks fantastic. I love the ridges. Why only 30 though? I want one but I doubt I can get the cash in time.

2 Likes

Thanks for showing interest @c.yoyo ! That’s was part of the idea of having this type of preordering. Log on time to increase the chances to get one.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment @Hanker. We felt 30 yo-yos was a good quantity for this first run. If there are more demand we won’t think twice in make more.

Hopefully you can make it for the preorder to secure one with the down payment.

2 Likes

That’s great! I hope you will end up making more.

Yesss I hope so too, but my cash flow isn’t looking too great this year.

So many titanium going to release, and so little money to spend :smiley: This looks interesting though, good work.

2 Likes

Thanks @_void !