YYF Whistle YoYo.

yoyofactory makes some of the better throws out there. theres a reason why they are so popular, they didnt get that way by magic. i bet you didnt know that yyf was once one of those boutique companies like ilyy and clyw, making small runs of expensive yoyos. people liked what they make, and to add on yyf is still ran by the same people that started. so watch what you say about a company that you know nothing about

The way I see it, companies don’t last if they aren’t doing something right and/or good.

There’s plenty of good examples of good yoyo companies. YYF seems to be one of them. I like YYF, but I also like many other companies as well.

I do think this whistling yoyo is a silly idea, and is not one I’m going to even consider purchasing. But I’m not going to slam YYF. They think it’s a novelty and who knows, maybe it will do OK. YYF offers plenty of other models I am interested in, so I’ll focus on those instead.

It really is ridiculous how people become biased against a company just when it becomes big.

It’s the “anti-sellout” mentality.

If you make it big, then you’re sell-out. My response? Sure, OK. Whatever. That’s what they were working for, to get big. Happens all the time in the music business. Bands work for years to build a fan base, tours that make no money on a shoestring budget, and then they finally get their break and make it big, the same people who helped them get on top turn their backs and call them sell-outs.

This trend of “not being mainstream” is now so big that being against the mainstream has in fact become mainstream. I guess status quo is maintained.

I don’t care how large a company gets. As long as they are producing good products, then I wish them all the luck in the world. But, when a company gets big, they get the opportunity to take chances. Some will take, some will flop. As we know, the hopes are that the successes off-set the losses from the duds. Anything new is a risk.

Again, I think this whistling yoyo is silly. However, far be it from me to tell YYF how to run their business. If I don’t like it, then I won’t buy it. If someone else likes it, then they SHOULD buy it.

I find it more productive to focus on having fun when it comes to yoyos. Sure, some of us do it at a competitive level, but aren’t we having fun?

If we don’t like it, then don’t buy it. Simple as that. Don’t like a company? Then don’t talk about them. If companies are making bad products, they won’t last. That’s how it works. I know for myself, I’m not going to slamming a company. I got better things to do.

Bottom line, YYF is a pretty decent company. I don’t need to know all the details to know they make good stuff. I have some of their products and I like what I have. I have future YYF purchases in mind. At some point, I may find a YYF product that I may not like. That’s how it works sometimes. Then again, maybe I won’t run into a YYF that I don’t like.

What’s next? Which company is next in the hate targeting system for getting big?

The thought never crossed my mind… Till now. C=<

(But for real I’m not. I’m going for a 4A yoyo next. Hope to pick it up soon.)

4A looks way fun. I can’t wait until I’m ready to dive into that. I’ve already got the hardware, I just don’t have the skills to be able to really get into it yet. At least when I’m ready, I’ll be in a position to just start.

You should give it a shot some time there’s no special time that you become able to start. Just make sure you’re in a place it’s fine for it to drop and roll (Like a fire drill. :smiley: ). Because when you first start that’s going to happen a lot.

I’m only 5 months into this. I want to get some better 1A chops first and build more confidence and spacial awareness. I figure once I’m through advanced tricks and into expert 1A tricks, it may be time to switch gears for a bit. But I do agree that there’s no “special time” to start. I just know I’m not ready.

I’m not looking to be a yoyo master, but I want to be able to do a bit in all the styles. But for the time being, it’s time to focus just on 1A.

Yeah I know what you mean. Kind of how I felt going into 5A. Well good luck hope you get there soon. C=

(P.S. I’m OP so I can go off on tangents if I want to.)

Haters gonna hate.

This yoyo is supposed to pay homage to old tin yoyos. They’ve just upgraded it a little bit and added whistling holes.

I love the idea of a whistling yoyo. I had thought about making one before I heard YYF had plans to make one.

There are whistling nerf footballs, boomerangs, Frisbees, poi, and plently of other whisling skill toys. A lot of people like them. There is definitely a market.

Also this only costs $17.99. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

1 Like