Yoyofactory's Legendary 888

I saw on Yoyofactory’s FB page a new 888 called the Legendary 888. It is bimetal, aluminum with titanium rims. There are 3 colorways, clear/blue, Agua/Silver and Agua/blue. Looks like the same specs as the 888

7 Likes

its on sale for $130 this weekend and then $150

4 Likes

I ordered the silver/blue but fedex decided to go from Arizona to Tennessee instead of Arizona to California. I don’t have good luck with fedex

4 Likes

I also ordered an Agua/Blue. I have only read about the 888, never owned or thrown one, sounds like everybody that has them love them.

I selected standard shipping but they upgraded to FedEx. Of the three, FedEx is the worst. Delays for the slightest reasons, routed all over the country. Hope this goes smooth.

3 Likes

My exact experience, except you chose my other color choice. Had a difficult time choosing

2 Likes

I know what you mean about choosing a color

5 Likes

I usually flinch with yo-yo purchases but this one I did not lol

5 Likes

I almost had a heart attack when someone told me about this, scooped one within 60 seconds of finding out it existed :laughing: went with aqua and silver rims in homage of the beat aqua 888 i used to have that i kept repolishing the dings out of lol

10 Likes

I’m looking forward to hearing more about these as people get ahold of them. The 888 was hugely popular with my yoyo friends back in the day, I remember wanting an ocho 8 ocho. Good times.

4 Likes

I thought about getting that same color for the same reason, but then I remembered how good the IYOYO’s Ti Titanic looks in blue and I’m hoping it’s close.

2 Likes

I was on the site looking for an Edge but this came up instead and it’ll be here in a couple of days because I can’t be trusted with my own money.

6 Likes

That certainly looks like a good yoyo.

I talked to Hans about it and he sounded pretty thrilled with the way it turned out.

Hans and Ben like all the yo-yos they release…. Or they wouldn’t even release them.

But the 888 is close to the heart for both Ben and (Yo)Hans.

High performance in a small package.

For those that have been around for a minute… you know there have been several releases of the 888 in an array of slightly tweaked versions as YYF explores both the potential and the limitations of the model.

This Ti-brid metal recipe shows they have no fear of extending the performance of the 888.

We talk on a regular basis… at least for the last 20 something years, lol…

Hans is almost always upbeat and as a life habit, stays on the positive side of the number line.

I can tell when he is very pleased with a release.

He has no reservations about this release living up to its Legendary name.

I guess we will find out soon enough…

9 Likes

Wowza😳

15 Likes

I told myself that I wouldn’t get another yoyo this year but this is very tempting.

I have a couple of 888s ant the titanium forever so I probably will pick one of these up.

Is this the best version of the 888 so far?

8 Likes

Ive been collecting 888s since 07’ and this is the best playing 888 ever to be released play wise imo @Lukoyo

3 Likes

Can confirm, it’s indeed legendary. Though mine had a couple of imperfections? Eh. It’s meant to be played. I changed the pads though. Mine were slippy. Now it’s just plain beautiful.

1 Like

I’ll be honest is hard to decide which i like best.
My legendary came less then perfect, one ring wasn’t attached correctly leaving a sharp edge on the rim. I reached out to Ben at yyf and he didn’t hesitate to trade me a new one. Yyf is great and they aim to keep costumers happy.

15 Likes

I feel like I should send mine back because there’s some marks on the rims where the rim meets the body but I have so little patience and so little trust in the Mail during the last couple of weeks of Christmas that I’m just gonna deal with it. Good to know they take great care of their customers though!

3 Likes

I haven’t even gotten my legendary 888 in the mail yet “Christmas present to myself” but all these Q.C. issues make me want to send it back before i even get it… ive been looking forward to this yo since i heard rumors it was getting a remake :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

If it helps, mine came without any issues.

6 Likes