Hey yall,
Been working on my club site and finally through the grace of Claude (I would not have templatized these on my own time) made the open source site templates I imagined but had no patients to build on my own.
So what is it. It’s the communities. I made some sites over months and then had AI strip and template them and make an easy deploy script and they are under an unlicense agreement meaning do whatever you want with them. Add an issue, pr, branch, fork it for yourself and add anime. I don’t really care. Goal was to make it where anyone with a small bit of skill or an ai agent can deploy a club, contest or event hub/map app on their own for minimal cost.
If you have an idea to make one better post it here or just make it happen it’s open for you to do what you please and share if you want (or not).
Club site template — landing page, meetup info, trick guides, photo gallery. Pretty much everything a club needs to exist online. GitHub - dmvthrowers/yoyoclub-template: An open source site template for yoyo clubs · GitHub
Contest site template — schedule, divisions, sponsors, results pages, all based on what we ran for va state contest. Still being worked on, so expect some rough edges, but the bones are solid. GitHub - dmvthrowers/yoyo-contest-template: Open source yoyo contest template · GitHub
Note: the contest stuff isn’t fully complete I still have 3 modules to import fully but it’s getting there this week
Player map template — interactive map for plotting players, clubs, and shops. Privacy-friendly, no accounts needed. GitHub - dmvthrowers/yoyo-map-template · GitHub
I don’t know what the community could do with this I mostly made the template for a Kendamas group but idk maybe yall smarter people have fun ideas or it just rots in place.
Seriously if you have a club or a site or a thing just build it. It’s really easy.
With that I also built a template for my kids cub-scout stuff and added sports and generic club options so you can feel free to take and make those into whatever you want too
If you want to get fancy you could hit a registrar like go daddy or porkbun and buy a .club domain name for like 5-10 bucks a year and if you want to play with some scalability you could technically deploy it as an app on vercel or cloudflare pages free tiers. or go all out with some aws junk but why pay amazon for web services. Otherwise as is it deploys for free as long as your not selling anything and if you are then be a non profit or use cloudflare workers and pages or just host the non paid parts and link to the paid stuff on a different site. Whatever works that just keeps you under terms of service.










