Yoyo Raffle for Diapers

Okay, so, here’s the deal.
My wife and I are having a baby that is due in mid-February. From what I understand, typically guys have what’s called a diaper party, where they invite their buddies over for food and beer, and they all bring packs of diapers. However, I don’t really have this typical group of male friends as I’ve always been a bit of a loner, so, I thought maybe I could do some kinda thing here on the forums. Basically my rough idea would be this:
There will be several yoyos available to be won, however, depending on the number of people that participate, their likely will not be a yoyo for everyone to win. I just want this to be up front information before someone would make a decision to participate - that’s why I’m calling it a raffle, since it will be chances to win, not a guarantee.
With that said, here’s my idea:
There will be two games, a “Guess the Weight” game and a “Guess the Day” game. Purchasing a package of diapers (an 82 pack of diapers on Amazon is ~$25) will get you an entry to guess in each of the games. The person to come closest to the correct weight and to the correct day will win my “grand prizes.” Which I’m thinking will be 2 yoyos or a higher end yoyo along with some goodies. I also plan to give away a few yoyos at random to people that enter, giving people additional chances to win something.
If you would be interested in participating, just let me know in the poll below. If I get at least like 10 people interested I’ll do it and put together a list of prizes and we’ll arrange diaper purchasing (just to kinda try and ensure I get a bit of each size of diapers).

Would you be interested in participating in a diaper party style yoyo raffle?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

7 Likes

bump - changed post completely.

2 Likes

I read the title, and thought to myself, what?

But now the title makes sense with the post

4 Likes

I honestly wasn’t sure how best to title the post - that was the best I came up with lol

3 Likes

Just don’t underestimate the amount of diapers you’re gonna need! My girls went through about 8 diapers per day minimum. The bodily fluids are pretty much constantly flowing out of every orifice of a new born and if you do don’t change em constantly they get a rash in an instant. If you get 10 people to buy you 800 diapers then I’d guess you’ll have about a 3 month supply. I’d just get the first couple sizes.

Congrats btw!!! I hope the forum steps up to help you out!!! From one dad to a soon to be dad COUNT ME IN!!!

5 Likes

And don’t forget the burp cloths. Don’t leave home without one, better still, more than one. And wipes. You’ll need them to wipe bodily excretions off yourself as much as your child.

And a tip for changing diapers: open up the new diaper and put it under the dirty diaper, use a wipe to cover his/her urine sprayer, so if there’s any more bodily excretions while you’re changing the diaper, they are caught by either the old or new diaper and you don’t get a face covered in pee. Also prevents your child from peeing in his/her own face or all over his/her clothes.

Congrats, @shatterFX

5 Likes

Looks like we need to 2 more voters here to help our boy Tyler out! Come on YYE baby needs some diapers!!!

2 Likes

Maybe hearing some of the prizes will entice some people to join in:
Reticulated Return Tops Death Adder - Planet Sadala - NIB (grand prize 1)
OneDrop MarkMont Classic - Black (blasted finish) - w/ extra SEs - MWB (grand prize 2)
YoyoEmpire Rainfly 3 - NIB (random drawing)
Used G2 Quake (random drawing)
B Grade Recess Komodo (random drawing)
Also will be making some of my leather yoyo holders to go with the grand prizes and to give away at random.
And the more people I get, I’ll probably try to get some more prizes.

6 Likes

Count me in. My baby girl is 20 now. It won’t feel like it when you’re up every night with a baby, but time really flies. Enjoy every moment.

4 Likes

you cannot get enough sleep - now! sleep, my friend, sleep while you can. oh lord, the sleep…

5 Likes

I read this as pizzas at first.

Anyhow, congrats on the upcoming baby!

5 Likes

Great Prizes!!!

3 Likes

Seriously amazed by the all the support here - thank you so much everyone.
Also, looks like we have 11 people so I’m gonna give this the green light!
I’ve got a pretty busy day today, but I’ll put together a group message tonight with everyone that wants to participate.
Thank you again everyone!!

6 Likes

one thing to keep in mind, at least in my experience, is they’ll blast through the smallest sizes (no pun intended) in a really short period of time. Like NB & 1 as they’re growing quick, those could fit them for days or weeks maybe… there was probably 80 of those size diapers i sat on for-e-ver… i couldn’t get rid of them. btw, you don’t let anyone talk you or your missus into a diaper cake…

4 Likes

You may be right, it’s been 6 yrs since I’ve had to deal with this! I think my mind blocked out most of the gory details!

3 Likes

I’d like to join in if it’s not too late.

4 Likes

Yep just vote in the poll at the top so I don’t forget ya

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.