Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

A yoyo that I just finished machining recently, what do you guys think.

19 Likes

Pretty darn clean if I do say so.

3 Likes

That looks cool! Specs? What’s the story behind it?

4 Likes

Specs:
55mm Diameter
46mm width
64g stainless inner rims
Been yoyoing for a few months now and our family runs a machine shop so I thought why not try and make my own. Had to go through a good amount of aluminum and stainless to end up at this design which I am very happy with

8 Likes

Very nice. Keep at it :muscle:
I’m a few months away of making my own too so it’s nice to see more people who machine as well.

6 Likes

It’s pretty awesome you guys have a machine shop. We don’t have one, but I did find a machine shop which is a 5-minute drive from our house. I have become a little too obsessed with revising my designs though.

2 Likes

Sounds great! The main trouble I ran into was getting the right too to cut the grooves for the bearing and response. Hope you won’t trash as much aluminum as I did!

6 Likes

Messed around with rendering. Another request from EthanV. Some CLYW colorways from Eth4nw

ethanos%20v1

!

8 Likes

Something I’m thinking of doing.

I copped up some b-grade SuperWides, and in the description it said that they have lots of dents, imperfections etc. So I thought…

…why not cut it, make a weight ring and get this awesome micro bimetal?

It’d weigh around 55.5ish grams, which is plenty enough for something so small.
I’m not going to say it’s super awesome, or gonna be even close, but it’ll be fun once I get around to it :smiley:

Just how small it is?

It’s just the very center between my fingers so suuuuper tiny.

13 Likes

That’s a cool idea.

3 Likes

Wow opposite side of the spectrum :rofl:

2 Likes

Don’t know how you did this but super impressive

10 Likes

First photo of the new Diffraction2. Small changes that I can only just see!
Feel the same nervousness that I had last time before having them in my hands. I think it’s only a couple weeks out now.

15 Likes

They look great!

2 Likes

Really nice looking yoyo!

1 Like

I want to play. Let me get a little work done and then I’ll see if I can toss something into the fray.

9 Likes

Tried out some decal designing in sketchbook to practice using in fusion. It’s a lot simpler than I thought :smiley:
Scimitar got a bit of modifications and has been renamed Gravitas

8 Likes

I love how out-there your designs look, while still being super clean.

1 Like

Thanks man! Appreciate it.

1 Like

Yeah, its really nice.

1 Like