Yongjun Uranus

So I see that Yongjun has come out with a new light up yoyo, the Medusa, based off the Uranus.  I bought the 1st run Uranus when it came out, because the super bright lights just looked awesome.  

Basically I threw my money down a toilet.  yep, right down the toilet.  I should throw the Uranus down the toilet so I don't have to look at a wasted $80 (yeah, they were $80 then), but I'm afraid the toilet would get clogged.  So I'm stuck with it.   

Yes it looks cool, and the lights are super cool, so cool that I was willing to forgive the washing machine vibe that this thing came with.  You can turn them on and off on each side, and switch from a blue glow or white glow or both.  I was happy with this purchase, because I could use this for a yo-yo show, and do some faster tricks than what I can do with the light up duncan freehand.  

And then it hit the ground.  I was doing a whip and missed and it hit.  I didn't smash it.  I even pulled back to try to stop it, but I was too late.  The button that turns the light on and switches lights broke off.  To be technical, the tiniest little plastic peices holding the base of the switch all broke.  Superglue kind of worked for a while, and then didn't.  So now one side works, and one side doesn't. 

Yep, that was the worst yoyo purchase I have ever made. Yoyo’s are going to hit the ground, but Yongjun forgot to take that into account when designing this thing. It would have been nice if someone from Yongjun would have said to themselves, “Hey, how durable is this thing? We better find out” but apparently they didn’t.

So before someone goes out and spends $65 on Yongjun’s new Medusa, You need to ask yourself if you trust that Yongjun made it more durable. Can it take a drop or shot to the ground and still work? I know that I wouldn’t spend $65 to find out.

The fact that Yoyoexpert has extra light boards should breakage occur (see comment below) changes everything, and I would now have no problem buying a Medussa. I didn’t realize the light boards could be changed, and just assumed they were permanently part of the yoyo.

That is a bummer. But your title says “both” are money down the drain. How do you know if the Medusa is the same?

I don’t, so I’ll edit my topic. To be fair, in the Medusa picture it looks like Yongjun did make the 4 plastic pieces around the switch wider. But I need to stress the words “looks like”. Can the Medussa take a shot to the ground and still work? That’s the $65 question ($70 after shipping) that I’m not willing to pay to find out.

On a side note: This is the one problem with Chinese manufacturers. I don’t even know how to contact these guys to say, “Hey the Uranus broke, can you send me a Medussa or fix it” If this was One Drop, they would have done testing first and it wouldn’t have broke. But if it somehow did break, I would have a new yoyo like yesterday.

Did you buy the Uranus from us? If so, give us a call or send an email with your order info. We have replacement light boards we can swap out to get your to-yo working again.

O.k. that’s just awesome. Didn’t know you guys could do that. thanks yoyoexpert. Original post modified.

I would be very hesitant to buy any yoyo named ‘your anus’.

Sorry to butt in.

I realize nobody assked me.

The name just cracked me up.

1 Like

Trust me when I tell you that “anus” (used in any form) is a PERFECT description for this yoyo :wink:

How do you know? You either take my word for it, or waste your own money and find out! ;D