Whispers..look over at the OD Flickr!

Mini Kuntosh? I’m already lusting after a gray/orange half-swap!

12 Likes

I believe this is the picture in question, just to save everyone the search.
52452369303_77b63f48ba_w

Looks really nice!

Edit - looks like there are a few more pictures, so here’s the direct link One Drop YoYos | Flickr

14 Likes

I don’t normally go for undersized throws but this looks like it’s gonna hiiittt dude

6 Likes

Just take my credit card info now One Drop, sure you guys have it saved for me anyways

4 Likes

Yes that halfswap would be amazing

3 Likes

Well hot dang I’m gonna need that.

3 Likes

I wasnt a huge fan of the kuntosh5000QV, the balance is weird and too light plus the gap at 4.3mm is too small imo. 4.4-4.6mm gap is a lot more enjoyable. This new throw looks like it could have worked out those weird kinks of the kuntosh5000QV with a tighter frame and clyw style inner weight rings. With a similar shape of the rev2, this new one seems like its going to have great stability with some extra power, hard to know until we get some spec details. Looks like another great unique feeling throw from OD. I really like how much OD changes shapes giving a fun unique feel to all their throws.

Maybe OD should hire me for marketing and PR :disguised_face:

8 Likes

I want to guess the specs.

Weight : 65g with flats
Width : 41mm
Diameter : 54mm
Gap : 4.42mm
Alloy : 7075

7 Likes

Seems like a pretty good guess. That’s kind of about what i was thinking. I was also thinking 7075 because it looks kind of shiny.

2 Likes

Kinda my thoughts, it just seems a little “glossier” next to the Kuntosh.

4 Likes

Looks like it’s called the Kamuraiju and was named by @sakatuca :slight_smile: they tweeted about it the other day:

I also found this picture on Twitter of what looks to be the top of the box:

Maybe a sig for Daiju Okamura? That’s who tweeted the photo of the box top, their Twitter bio says “カメライジュ” which is Kamuraiju in katakana and their pinned tweet is from mid August talking about receiving a sample/proto from One Drop. Plus it sounds like their name haha.

13 Likes

Sounds right!

2 Likes

Some people just can’t handle a Lambo, I guess :man_shrugging:

Seriously though, the 5kQV is one of the only W’s that I get along with. I think the tighter gap is actually one of the primary reasons I like it. The thing really feels like a supercar to me.

4 Likes

You should try the freesolo then :slight_smile:
No but i think this new throw is gonna blow the kuntosh out of the water

2 Likes

:eyes:

14 Likes
  • Base Weight: 61.20 grams
  • Shipping Weight: 64.55 grams with aluminum Flat Cap Side Effects
  • Width: 42 mm
  • Diameter: 54 mm
  • Stock Response: One Drop Flow Groove
  • Gap Width: 4.32 mm
  • Bearing Size: Large (C) stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
  • Alloy: 6061 Aluminum
  • Finish: Pyramatte
  • Axle System: Side Effects
13 Likes

Not gonna lie, a little disappointed about the 4.32mm gap. I think its too tight

2 Likes

I hear ya. But I’m still excited!

1 Like

It’s not snaggy imo - I think it works well with this shape

4 Likes

You got to try one already? Care to drop your thoughts?

3 Likes