What would you pick as a must have for a yo-yo collection?

I just have a question, what would you pick that for sure should be in a YoYo collection?

5 Likes

canvas

2 Likes

One Drop Top Deck. I love most of my other yoyos but all I feel I really need is my Top Deck.

Küntosh 5000 qv. it’s still not in my collection but it needs to be haha.

1 Like

It’s up to you. Do you want to collect One Drops? Maybe vintage Duncans or Tom Kuhns? Are you all about completion as far as having all of a particular yoyo from a particular company or generation? A collection of Yomegas could mean a great deal to one collector but not the next. Figure out what interests you the most and go with that.

1 Like

I think
1 plastic
1 mono
1 bimetal
1 titanium
1 responsive
1 Fixie
2 loopers
1 4a yoyo

Is a great place to start :grin:

10 Likes

Well, you need at least 7 YYJ Hitman yoyos.

13 Likes

Did they ever make a pink and black Hitman? With Bret Hart on the caps? That would be a yoyo I would have to have in my collection.

Here’s a pic of what I understand to be all of the production models. All of them sported the image of JD on the caps. There is one that looks to be somewhat pink and one pink and black. If you double click the image a couple of times you can get a larger view, or if you select view image on your browser.

Here’s a couple of pics of the enyo version not shown above…
IMG_0313

3 Likes

You forgot hybrid plastic/SS ring.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

You will also need 1 titanium Hitman as well.

4 Likes

Only what you think is beautiful, performing and which arouses interest in you …
So your instincts and your knowledge will guide you … not those of others.
:wink:

6 Likes

^^ Pretty much this. I think a yoyo collection should be personal. Yoyos that you admire, like the look of, think are cool, etc. This means nothing is absolutely essential. For me, that is General-yo 5 Star, Ti-Vayder, Spinworthy beech KNack, and several others that I would not give up.

5 Likes