What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

12 Likes

That’s a practice blade, right? Be careful regardless!

3 Likes

This exact statement. It’s so loud my wife pulled a face the moment I threw it.

5 Likes

Half swap Mountain Man and jazz cup SK. Been digging some slimmer throws lately!

20 Likes

I thought it was supposed to be that loud to keep with the whole muscle car theme. I enjoy throwing it around, but I love the cheaper Duncan and Yomega stuff. To each their own.

4 Likes

Everything serves some purpose, I guess. If it’s fun to throw around that’s all that matters. It might look nice if an unopened one was hung out in the garage with the tools.

1 Like

Yes sir, it’s just a trainer.

1 Like

That jazz cup splash is DOPE :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

Got a Good Life Breeze!

18 Likes

So a quick thing on specs:
Replay Pro:
|Diameter:|58.3 mm / 2.29 inches|
|Width:|43.8 mm / 1.72 inches|
|Gap Width:|4.80 mm / .19 inches|
|Weight:|68.5 grams|
|Bearing Size:|Center Trac
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)|
|Response:|CBC 19mm slim pad|
Speedaholic XX:

Diameter: 57.95 mm / 2.28 inches
Width: 46.15 mm / 1.81 inches
Gap Width: 4.65 mm / 0.18 inches
Weight: 66.5 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187) (KonKave Bearing)
Response: 19mm Slim Pad Size
Material: Machined Plastic

Yesterday I threw the Speedaholic XX most of the day. It was fast, floaty, and smooth. Like really smooth. I still cannot believe it is a plastic yoyo. There is no vibe, like literally none (not that I am that picky). The finish is amazing and that weight distribution is perfect. Fingerspins are on an all-new level. Holy chowder, horizontal play was stupidly easy, as were speed tricks. Big, flashy bangers are pretty easy, but at the same time, the width does not hurt you during tech tricks.

Then I went to throw the Replay Pro and it came down with a thud. I did not hate the feeling, but it did surprise me. It was a little harder to get up to speed, but would tolerate it. Horizonal was easy, but not as easy as on the Speedaholic. Then there is the vibe. I know you can tune these things, but out of the box there was that plastic vibe (again, not a deal breaker nor is there bad string vibe). Grinds are not bad, but the vibe does affect them. Fingerspins are do-able if you know how to do them and are willing to get one that lasts less than 5 good seconds. I bought two to learn 3a, and I think for my purposes it is fine, but I would not necessarily compete in Scales with (like I bought the Speedaholic for)

My final verdict for anyone on the fence on whether to buy the Speedaholic XX is buy it. I think everyone will love it.

One final note here, I have only had these yoyos for 24 hours and I have only put about 8 hours into them, so my review is definitely skewed a little. I will update this thread in a month or so if I have a con or negative of the throws.

Hope that helps!

Edit: One final thing I want to add on is this is one of the smoothest yoyos I have ever gotten out of the box. Like super freaking smooth

8 Likes

Yes - that’s the beauty of the speedaholic being machined, instead of injection molded polycarbonate. I like it so much that I bought a second one - I keep one for 1A, and the other for 5A. Both are EDC. Practiced 5A in the park everytime I take the kids out to the playground. The speedaholic has smashed on the concrete several times already. Its still pretty smooth to this day.

13 Likes

The Speedaholic XX looks like a good yoyo for anyone who missed out on the PLSTC.

5 Likes

I wanted the clear sooo bad.

13 Likes

Encores courtesy of @Nocompromise :grin:

20 Likes

Thank you for putting all the work into that response. I can not justify any new yoyos for a while but perhaps by the time I can they will make the Speedaholic in black. I do not like bright colored plastics. The blue is okay though. I’d put an orange Kitty XL on it since the gap is pretty wide.

3 Likes

Got a chance to throw some a-rt today thanks to @yoyojoe

22 Likes

My parlay came which I put in the “what are you throwing” thread with these mint green side effects so I slapped em in this magnum opus that also came today

20 Likes

My eyes are playing tricks on me. Is that a Opus black, or a really dark olive green?

Nice throw regardless :smiley:

1 Like

It is black… I think. Maybe the SE gives it that illusion

1 Like

After finally acquiring an AL7 Elite (thank you immensely @hejjafish), my G2 collection is complete:

(Not pictured are my TiHawk and Respawn.)

25 Likes