What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

Thx!

3 Likes

Wanted to echo the thanks for your constant effort to make this place such an unbelievably awesome resource for the rest of us.

Iā€™ve said it before, but it bears repeating: this is by far the greatest forum/message board Iā€™ve ever used. The great people that make-up this community are a large part of that, but the ease and convenience of the layout are definitely significant as well.

I found the throwers Reddit before I discovered this place, and very soon afterward I found myself barely opening Reddit in favor of coming here. I didnā€™t realize how cumbersome it was in comparison to YYE, and once I did, I couldnā€™t browse it for 5 minutes without closing it out of frustration. Nothing Iā€™ve ever used has come close to the amazing ease of use youā€™ve created here.

That got way long haha.
TLDR: codinghorror is the man, and I appreciate all his work making this place great

14 Likes

Iā€™m really digging my purple line too!

Iā€™m really new to this, like less than a month new. But Iā€™ve got a handful already, all but one being magic yoyos. And the purple line is my favorite, beating out my n12 and my node. I enjoy all of them, but find myself grabbing the purple line most often.

Canā€™t wait to start building a collection, I see how people end up with 100 yoyos now haha15469428895691767751637

8 Likes

How would you compare the Purple Line to the N12?

3 Likes

The purple line is definitely a bit bigger, diameter wise. To me, this makes it feel a bit more solid in your hand.

Theyā€™re really very similar though. Shape is very close to each other, and both are good choices. Especially for the price. Got mine for like 15 bucks, with 5 strings, a bag, and a glove.

Wish I could offer more info, but like I said, I literally just started playing a week or two ago.

Edit: oops, just saw you werenā€™t asking me. Sorry, dude. Hope you get the info youā€™re looking for

6 Likes

To me, they both are very distinguishable from one another. They have different feels but I would put the Node, N12, and Purple Line together because they compliment each other in very subtle ways. The N12 feels a gram or so heavier. Sorry, this reply does not help much.

3 Likes

Heist. Great throw sorry about the bad picIMG_20190107_175006

10 Likes

I really like the black Avocado too. A tad smaller but nice weight and stability. Fun throw.

6 Likes

Funny thing, I kinda was asking both you guys :wink:

3 Likes

Haha thanks for trying to spare me the awkwardness. Youā€™re a good dude hahaha

But asking me was your first mistake, as Iā€™m sure heā€™s got a lot more insight than my whopping 2 weeks, and 4 total yoyos of experience lol.

I say grab one though, dude. I mean for the price, unless it doesnā€™t spin you canā€™t really go wrong. And my irrelevant opinion happens to be that theyā€™re great bang for buck.

6 Likes

In the last 2 weeks

This was pretty great to be honest :blush:

It feels amazing to get solid finger spins going on the unresponsive sw!

19 Likes

:star_struck:

3 Likes

Blood Brothers Part II

Per @MonkeyFingerYOYO

19 Likes

I have to admit I kinda like that one on the far right.

4 Likes

I love the Avocado! Was throwing mine this morning!

4 Likes

Agreed. I could not imagine this community without him. I have noticed myself spending far less time on Reddit also, and it used to be my main source of Yoyo community. I like how topics can get revived here where in Reddit, things just kind of come and go and get buried.

I still check in on Reddit from time to time, but this is my main online community now. It feels much more civilized

15 Likes

I missed seeing that on your shelf. Whew, if you of all people like the Avocado I will not just be imagining that I think itā€™s good because, seriously, I honestly respect your opinions about yoyos.

6 Likes

Right? I pretty much try to buy whatever he tells me lol

5 Likes

Sometimes he sends me mean messages ordering me to buy yoyos I donā€™t even want. He has a motorcycle and he scares me so I just buy whatever he says to.

8 Likes

Codingā€¦what have you done here?

4 Likes