What are you throwing today?

I think it’s a Ti-YWET

2 Likes

@MoonageMin is correct. A titanium YWET by RSO.

2 Likes

Hey @Lukoyo I’m actually curious to hear your thoughts on YWET, more specifically the none-Ti versions.

I am interested in the upcoming powder coat one as it looks so sweet, but have no idea what to expect in terms of how it plays.

Heist, waiting in line at Wal-Mart…

15 Likes

@MoonageMin I have an Optimally Geared YWET that was produced by Static Unresponsives Company. As far as I know, the YWETs were made years ago by Antiyo and for some reason we’re shelved, unsold. Years later Sonny, the owner of Antiyo, distributed some of the YWETs to various people for them sell to the public. I’m not sure what the recess version is like but the static co. has shims to widen the gap to modern standards and has been “cleaned up” then anodised.

It’s a solid performing yoyo. A comfortable organic shape on the narrower side, with relatively high walls that fan out to the rim in a gentle curve. It feels like an older design but that’s not a negative point. The slightly narrower shape will help you develop more accurate yoyo placement without it feeling like a training tool. Very comfortable in the hand and pocket friendly too, always a plus.

If you like the Grail, then you will like this, not because they play similarly but because they provoke the same feeling. Not sure if that makes sense but I kind of feel that these designs are aimed at the same person.

I’d highly recommend picking one up if you can, they’re great throws and I’m sure a powder coated one will look great too.

5 Likes

Thank you mate, I think you have articulated it very nicely.

This is the one in question by the way :slight_smile:

15 Likes

u have a dove? lucky

1 Like

that looks like porcelain lol

2 Likes

beautiful lighting for the Umbra, tad bit fuzzy though, but i’m getting there.

19 Likes

That’s such a lovely fade colorway. I kinda regret not getting the Diffraction v2 in that colorway (I have the blue one).

3 Likes

It is so beautiful, its unbelievable. The blue looks really awesome too, I kinda want an Umbra and Diffraction in both.

2 Likes

How did u get the Onslaught I wanted one damn

1 Like

One of my favorites

3 Likes

Courtesy of @AaronW.

12 Likes

@MoonageMin and @Lukoyo thank you so much for the information, i didn’t know anything.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Haven’t seen one of these forever!

Death

just so good especially At speed.

12 Likes

One of my oldest and boldest of throws.

Still beats me how light this thing feels on the string even though it looks like you could cut down a tree with it.

21 Likes

Has anyone else done this mod with their Spinstar or ‘Play YoYo’ Collection? Replaced the transaxle with a Loop 720 axle, SPEC XS bearing and green 720 spacers (basically USA 720 guts). This Spinstar happens to be Zipline branded and laced with [kot-n]. STM for days with this setup. Great modern responsive plastic alternative, surprise @yyfben2.deactivated hasn’t issued these as Spinstar GTs. This was what I was talking about @AKYOYOMIKE

16 Likes