What are you throwing today?

Oh I used to love Spyy yoyos!
I had a green addict that had one ding :frowning: that was my everyday carry. (for the short time I played in 2012)
And a mint spyder I used to use occasionally at home.

Both sold now though.

That El Ranchero, the colour, the engraving, shape, everything about it looks so unique and awesome!

3 Likes

When I saw the MewTwo VTWO up for sale on the BST recently, I was tempted to pick up a second.
But I thought VTWO I should always be able to find one for some time in one colour or another.

2 Likes

Wut?

1 Like

I can only do a couple of tricks on the Spyder. It’s the highest walled unresponsive I own.

3 Likes

Recently there was this one on the BST

6 Likes

It’s such a awesome looking yoyo too, and looks tiny but isn’t

But now it makes sense, I just thought it was because I sucked ^^

2 Likes

Oh, the MEVTWO… I was confused cuz MewTwo is a pokémon…

You shoulda grabbed that MEVTWO; there are only 3 in the world!

4 Likes

I tried a Kuntosh and Kuntosh 5KQV this weekend, I really liked it, but glad you pushed me on to the VTWO instead :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah man, that thing is a brute!

1 Like

That’s a great color and finish.

I’m still waiting on OneDrop to make a yo-yo I like. It’s great that they make stuff that stands out in this market, but it alienates people like me who would try a One Drop if made something more in line with the current market. Like add 3mm to the width of the VTWO and I’m on it

That being said, when I get around to getting an organic the MMC is at the top of my list. It has more modern specs than a lot of other organics I’ve looked at, it’s at a great price point, and I’d love to finally try a yo-yo with side effects.

It also has that little step from response that I like. I have no desire for a pure highwall organic. I’m from an era where organics were just yoyos, and there’s a reason we’ve moved away from them. I’ve read that the Markmont is more performance oriented than a lot of others and I’d greatly prefer that to a yo-yo that’s made to be less efficient intentionally.

The VTWO already my favorite throw haven’t thrown anything like it, dont know if this just arrive day hype tho lol, and yeah the Mevtwo super sexy would luv one of those🙌🏽.

1 Like

I’m still ripping the Butter, Wangle and Marco today.

15 days after I got it I’m still enamored with the Butter. I really don’t see myself ever liking anything more than this but who knows. It just feels right. The Butter has this very slight airy quality to it that helps it avoid feeling heavy and tiring like a lot of rim weighted bimetals.

The Marco I’m enjoying and it’s a great yoyo, but in comparison to the Butter it’s just a bit heavier feeling on the string and a little harder to push. It’s still able to move fast it’s just a little more work. The catch zone is absolutely monstrous.

If the Marco were made by any other company it would be much more hyped up. Like people were gassing up the Grasshopper gtx and saying its amazing that you can get such a quality bimetal at that price point, but the Marco is 60$. Not a knock against the GTX just pointing out how overlooked a lot of YYFs offerings are.

5 Likes

Well, for me the Grasshopper GTX wins over the Marco simply by virtue of being 2mm slimmer. I didn’t overlook the Marco, I just saw its 46.6mm width and said “no thanks”. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I also have a Banana Hammock coming in soon from CLYW’s fools gold, so I’m interested in how that’ll be I like rare discontinued throws👍🏼

2 Likes

Honestly 44.5 to 46.6 isn’t a huge jump and unless it’s a clunky design or undersized diameter doesn’t feel wide. Around 45.5 to 46 is just a performance boost over ~44. It doesn’t feel much wider but has a larger catch zone (unless the design is less efficient) that makes landing tricks (especially slack, lacerations, stuff like hop combos) easier and encourages more adventurous play.

I know you prefer more powerful and stable yo-yos. A little extra width is just as much a performance enhancing characteristic as concentrated rim weight. There’s a certain point where it ceases to be more advantageous, but there’s a reason a large chunk of competition players are using ~45-47mm yo-yos. And those that use narrower yo-yos use yo-yos where most of the width of the yo-yo is part of the catch zone.

1 Like

Sure, but by the time I have the same needs as contest players (i.e., any design change, no matter how extreme, that gives an edge over the competition), it won’t be 45-47mm, but 50-54mm and the dang thing won’t even fit in my hand anymore (I have relatively small hands). It is an unappealing trend that I see no end to.

As such, I choose to draw the line at 45.6mm (the width of a Kuntosh), with a strong preference for 44mm +/- 0.5mm. Given the level I’m currently at, anything wider is going to present more problems than solutions. Putting in some throwing time with my WA Shutter only reinforced this perspective for me.

3 Likes

You should get a Mega Crash.

1 Like

Edge Ultomato

2 Likes

The 40% discount on it right now is impressive, but the two Gamma Crashes I have are perfect for my needs. In fact, the Gamma Crash is my favorite hybrid model. If only it came in red…

3 Likes

I’ve never agreed with you more. Love my Gamma. The Mega Crash is of course nothing like a Gamma and should by purchased anyway because it is T H I C C and P H E N O M E N A L.

3 Likes