What are you throwing today?

I hope the meds work fast. I wouldn’t wish gout on anyone.

One thing I’ve learned is to keep my feet warm, or at the very least don’t let them get cold. The crystals form easier in cooler temps. I wear Bombas merino wool socks almost exclusively. It makes a huge difference.

2 Likes

I have a number of throws that I want to try pad replacement on, but just haven’t gotten around to it. I also want to try flowing my own silicone one of these days.

When you flow your own, do you use something like the rounded corner of a credit card to get a recessed pad? Or do you use the straight edge to make the pad flat?

5 Likes

I also just did this with one of mine using red silicone rtv. And it made a huge difference. I think the pads were messed up in mine or to big but now fixed. :+1:

3 Likes

Using a flat edge works best for me. Two things:

• I don’t know the exact terminology for the phenomenon, but as you scrape off the excess with a flat edge that is firmly registered to both of recess edges, the edge of the card causes a slight suction in the wake of the wet silicone; which results in a very slight recess. It is virtually impossible to make a flowable silicone response job perfectly flat.

• The silicone shrinks just a teeny bit while drying, making a slight recess.

6 Likes

You can use a plastic spoon or a qtip. Thats what i use.

2 Likes

haha I don’t think some people get just how painful it is! I work with a lady and I feel like she thinks I’ve been over exaggerating the severe pain it causes.

Developing chronic gout and having permanent damage terrifies me :(.
I was put on colchicine yesterday…it’s helping already, though I’m still not able to stand on that foot.
I see my regular doc here in a couple of weeks and I’m going to ask to be put on some meds to hopefully help reduce future flare ups.

Hey, thanks for the tip! I’ve read that you can use ice to reduce some of the swelling…but haven’t heard of keeping it warm. I do know that when I take a shower and run some hot water over my foot…it sure feels nice though!

What throw is it?

Jacob from G2 has a pretty nice video on this.

8 Likes

I think it is partially due to the Rayon Vert Green Bodies and Caps being “Translucent” Green, but not like super see through.
Because the professional shots were done in a light box with a white backdrop, they look much brighter, but me having them in a dark wood table with the opposing halves of the throw being orange, it may be obscuring how bright they actually are!

3 Likes

CLYW “fools gold” Peak 2, buddy :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Just warm, like with socks or a nice shower, but never apply heat. And yeah, gout is literally one of the most painful diseases humans can have. I’ve had major surgery, kidney stones, broke my back playing hockey, been in hockey fights, numerous concussions severe enough to cause memory loss, and none of that even rates compared to gout. Gout will make the strongest tough guy into a crying little baby.

I’m so sorry you have it, but I hope my tip helps; wearing warm socks literally changed my life.

Get better man!

4 Likes

Really glad you gave the Peak 2 another go, one of my faves right there.

Maybe the pads were put in badly on yours, but I’m glad you sorted the issue.

5 Likes

thank you so much for this, I have seen other videos but they were not this detailed

5 Likes

these three:
Triptych
Batsquatch
Pariah

22 Likes

Screenshot_20191013-194114_Instagram

11 Likes

This was my 1 gripe with the Peak 2. Ended up selling it, but I should’ve tried to replace the pads instead.

2 Likes

I think it’s time for CLYW to hop on the 19mm response train. The feel of response is such a key factor in making a yo-yo enjoyable to play.

3 Likes

Looks lovely, I really must try to get one one day!

3 Likes

An instant classic + an old school classic

18 Likes

The fruit sticker lol

2 Likes

I hope finish 2019 in the ninja road looping with my YYF loop 720.

8 Likes

Is that 420 lite? Del monte quality :rofl:

2 Likes