What are you throwing in 2021?

Profile leak! :rofl::rofl: seen first on YYE.

@zslane Adam happens to be doing a review on mine. Can’t speak for wills prototype or any that I haven’t designed.

7 Likes

We have more free time to work on yoyo designs during the pandemic, that’s why there are a lot of prototypes coming out lately😂 It’s really fun to design and make yoyos that fit your needs!

5 Likes

:rofl: I saw that profile and had to scroll back up to your post to see why I hadn’t noticed the cool undercut shape. You had it cleverly concealed.

6 Likes

Ooops… :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:

6 Likes

I mean, isn’t this whole thread basically flexing?

12 Likes

I dunno, is it? Throwing a common yoyo that lots of other people throw isn’t much of a flex. But throwing a prototype that hardly anyone else knows about, much less has any access to, makes more of a statement.

4 Likes

Noted. Will limit future posts to throws everyone has.

6 Likes

Oh no! He’s gotten a couple of yoyos before others! Let’s ostracize him for being excited! @Roy_Dodge what’s wrong with you???

6 Likes

I was just noticing how many (a lot) of prototypes have been on display lately. What’s the saying? One is a fluke, two is coincidence, three is a pattern, four is a trend, and so on. I was just wondering what could be fuelling all these prototypes we’re seeing on social media. There’s nothing wrong with it, but is does make a curious person wonder, that’s all.

2 Likes

Performance profile but with the comfort of an organic bc its so small. Think its gonna make a splash the size of a tsunami

5 Likes

Well there’s 100’s of yoyo companies so there are bound to be a couple prototypes here and there. All the companies got together and decided to just send them all to @Roy_Dodge, no one else. Just them.

4 Likes

No, no, NO! If you have a cool yoyo and are throwing it…post a pic of it.

11 Likes

I’m probably just missing the information from the designers for all these prototypes because I’m not on IG or Twitter. So instead of the usual designer-reveal-followed-by-YT-reviews-right-before-production cycle I’m used to, I’m only seeing these glimpses (minus any info) pop up everywhere. It’s what I get for not being a big social media user (I’m only on FB, and even then I barely use it for anything).

7 Likes

It’s the new wave of yoyo designers showing off the fruits of their labor. It’s more and more accessible every year. There are still many challenges but there are plenty of lessons available for a new designer or company to learn from.

7 Likes

We ALL need to see at least 5 photos a day of a FHZ and Akita! It’s why I’m here!

8 Likes

That’s fair. In terms of our prototype that @Roy_Dodge has right now, that’s the exact same model as the production run (currently being manufactured). He and a couple other people have them so I could get some feedback. Actual release date/specs/info etc. will be released soon. Just need to finish up a couple things these next few days before we can officially announce something. But until then, I don’t Bar people from posting about what’s in the works as long as it’s close to a release.

7 Likes

Also, that purple guy is called The PWRHouse.

5 Likes

A lot of yoyo designers will make prototypes and send them to people for testing, before they even market the yoyo for the public. These often go to reviewers because those are the people who have a lot of experience with a lot of different yoyos, so they can give valuable feedback that can affect the finished product. Or sometimes they just get sent to friends because being friendly is a good thing. Thanks for the proto btw, @TSAF.

That’s just been my experience, anyway. Some people do market yoyos while they’re still in the prototype stage, but some don’t. Will hasn’t announced the PWRhouse yet, but @Roy_Dodge and I both have one because he’s a nice dude who shares with his friends. Nothing wrong with that imo.

8 Likes

I still feel like a new designer but I’ve literally been doing this for a whole year now. Where did the time go?

7 Likes

Like this?

16 Likes